Author Topic: EXPOSING CARDS - ACTION PENDING  (Read 12568 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: EXPOSING CARDS - ACTION PENDING
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 07:44:58 AM »
It does?...Since when!

CoreySilver

• TDA Member
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 03:01:06 PM »
Full table, early in the tournament, two players left in the hand, Player B puts player A all-in on the flop. Player A is tanking and lifts cards in front to look at them again and quickly show the table in discust at the tough dececion, shakes their head, shrugs their sholders then calls not long after exposing...

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 07:43:55 PM »
CoreySilver,
 I'm having a tough time trying to follow what you are saying. If the action is down to heads-up, a penalty could be issued for exposing a hand but it is very different from exposing your cards with players in a multy handed pot with action pending. That's all I'm saying. It is a bad practice in either scenario, but the implications for collusion are non-existant in head-to-head.

K-Lo

• @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 09:19:35 PM »
I believe the general consensus though, is that exposing cards with action pending does not protect all players in the tournament if there are more than two players left in the entire tournament.  Even if play comes down to heads-up for a given hand, if there are more than two players in the tournament, cards should not be exposed (as I noted in my earlier example).  Not an issue in cash games.