Author Topic: 2 or more players call at the same time.  (Read 6294 times)

W0lfster

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
2 or more players call at the same time.
« on: March 08, 2011, 03:39:24 PM »
Well... the question really is self explanatory, if a player bets and the next player calls the same time as the first player who bet, what is the ruling?

Also, if a player wants change off an opponents chip stack are they allowed if given permission? Because I think I read somewhere you are not allowed to touch an opponents chip stack at all times. Therefore, I would think you could only get change from the pot. Any thoughts?
Thanks  :)

Dave_The_Maori

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Re: 2 or more players call at the same time.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 05:29:08 PM »
Well... the question really is self explanatory, if a player bets and the next player calls the same time as the first player who bet, what is the ruling?

I'm not quite sure I can understand your question properly as it seems like some of the Board has been dealt out and Player A has bet an undefined amount and Player B has declared 'Call' before the amount of the bet has been defined?!

If so, Player B should be held to their declaration and 'Call'.

Also, if a player wants change off an opponents chip stack are they allowed if given permission? Because I think I read somewhere you are not allowed to touch an opponents chip stack at all times. Therefore, I would think you could only get change from the pot. Any thoughts?
Thanks  :)

You are correct. Players should not touch others Chips and any change given should be given back by the Dealer.

W0lfster

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 05:48:34 PM »
Fair enough, what I meant to say was not call as such but coincidentally plaer 2 matching the first players bet thinking it was his/hers first turn to act. However both these actions are done at the same time, would you still insist the bet stays in for player 2?

But if they ask for change from a player and they honour the request by given the player the change needed, would that be allowed if the player only asked rather than asked then took chips from the opponent's stack?

Dave_The_Maori

• TDA Member & Active Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 06:09:31 PM »
Fair enough, what I meant to say was not call as such but coincidentally plaer 2 matching the first players bet thinking it was his/hers first turn to act. However both these actions are done at the same time, would you still insist the bet stays in for player 2?

According to TDA rules, Player B (2) will have acted out of turn.

For more details go to:
http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?topic=217.0

But if they ask for change from a player and they honour the request by given the player the change needed, would that be allowed if the player only asked rather than asked then took chips from the opponent's stack?

Players SHOULD not touch others Chips and any change given SHOULD be given back by the Dealer.

Any Player found exchanging Chips with others during a Tournament should be assessed which may include, but not limited to, a warning.

MikeB

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 09:31:44 PM »

According to TDA rules, Player B (2) will have acted out of turn.

For more details go to:
http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?topic=217.0

Second that... in these situations it's always best to use the out-of-turn betting rules, they give you a consistent workable way to deal with it. In your situation I would ask "which player is the rightful actor at this time"? The other player, by definition, is then out-of-turn and you can apply the OOT rules to their bet.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:34:42 PM by MikeB »

W0lfster

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 10:27:17 AM »
Arrr ok, I see now thanks both of you, so would exchanging chips from an opponents stack be allowed in a cash game?

chet

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 01:11:57 PM »
You toucha my chippies, I breaka you fingas!!  >:(

Nuff said?

Why would a card room allow something like this, which over time can only lead to problems?

The only time I would do/allow such a thing would be, 1) if I asked the dealer FIRST and was given permission and 2) the other player agreed.  Even then I would carefully stack the chips so that everyone was absolutely sure it was correct.  If the other player is absent, it is up to the dealer to make change.

Now in a tournament, if a seat is empty, no player or player absent, and it is that players turn to post blinds from a position that is awkward for the dealer to reach that players chips, I have posted the blinds, but again ONLY after getting permission!

In general, it is not a good idea to touch another players chips period!

W0lfster

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 01:15:12 PM »
Thank you Chet, always a help with confirmation! :) I appreciaate it