Author Topic: The showdown battlefield  (Read 6316 times)

Guillaume Gleize

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
The showdown battlefield
« on: March 08, 2011, 10:09:09 AM »
Hello,

Just a word to say I hope during the next TDA meeting the SHOWDOWN sector will be really clarified because I think it's the BIGGEST part of all the misunderstandings and because here the calls are so dramatics: (big pots lost or win, players burst or not ... all that bringing tears, screams & scandals)!

I think of all the "fold or not" possibilities, "recover a fold or not" possibilities, "wanna see this hand" by opponent (no collusion possible indeed) or not, "hand returned by wind, by a player out of the hand or by the dealer" and winning or not, "who can juge of a collusion and when" etc etc etc ...

With best regards,
GG
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:16:42 AM by Guillaume Gleize »

MikeB

• Administrator
Re: The showdown battlefield
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 10:49:32 AM »
Hello,Just a word to say I hope during the next TDA meeting the SHOWDOWN sector will be really clarified because I think it's the BIGGEST part of all the misunderstandings and because here the calls are so dramatics: (big pots lost or win, players burst or not ... all that bringing tears, screams & scandals)!

I think of all the "fold or not" possibilities, "recover a fold or not" possibilities, "wanna see this hand" by opponent (no collusion possible indeed) or not, "hand returned by wind, by a player out of the hand or by the dealer" and winning or not, "who can juge of a collusion and when" etc etc etc ...

With best regards,GG
These issues will absolutely be brought up at the Summit, it will be up to the membership to determine whether they rise to needing new rules or revisions but there's alot of interest in these topics over the past two years.  I think the DeWolfe vs. Reinkemeier incident at the EPT has added to concerns about showdown management generally...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:53:29 AM by MikeB »

Guillaume Gleize

Re: The showdown battlefield
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:17:48 AM »
TY for the answer!

My planning is full but I would like so much to be there the 29-30 of June! (Maybe a last-moment possibility).

I'm so unlucky to live far away from USA and not to be english language born! Because if american, I would be sleeping in front of the door of the meeting the night before (lol) ... or I would be the one organising it or even more : maybe there would allready be a great book named the "GG RULES OF POKER"!

:D :D :D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:19:28 AM by Guillaume Gleize »