Author Topic: Rule 6  (Read 6778 times)

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Rule 6
« on: June 24, 2010, 04:31:54 AM »
Following this thread below this has been queeried on several occasions by TDA members.  whilst the majority are aware of the implementation of this rule is it now time to look at the exact wording of this rule to ensure it is clear yet concise?

http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?topic=178.0

I have to agree the wording can be slightly misleading as less experienced TD's could actually take the BB from the hand that is being played interpreting the TDA rules to the letter.

Regards
Stuart

AleaLeedsCardRoom

Re: Rule 6
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 08:49:40 PM »
I see no problem with the rule, but i agree the wording can be misleading to the less experienced.  Maybe "take the player next due top post the BB, wheather this be the current BB (if the hand has not been dealt) or the BB for the next hand (if the hand is in progress)"

Lewis

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:13:29 PM »
Copying this from the R.O.P.E which is pretty close to the wording of Rule 6.
In Flop, Draw and mixed games when balancing tables, players will be moved from the big blind to the worst position, including taking a single big blind when necessary, even if that means the seat (not the player) will have the big blind twice. Worst position is never the small blind. The table from which a player is moved will be from the next nearest table to break or other predetermined procedure. In Stud type games, players will be moved by position (the last seat to open up at the short table is the seat to be filled).

Might be better worded as:

When balancing tables in Flop, Draw and Mixed games, players who are due next to be the BB will be moved to the worst position available at the short handed table, even if that means taking a single big blind allowing the seat with the button to have the button twice. The table from which a player is moved will be from the next nearest table to break in the breaking order. In Stud type games, players will be moved by position (the last seat to open up at the short table is the seat to be filled).

I changed even if that means the seat (not the player) will have the big blind twice to the seat with the button twice because players seem to be more confused that a player can have the button twice more so than a seat having the big blind twice.
@wsopmcgee on Twitter

JasperToo

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 07:10:48 PM »
Looks pretty reasonable to me.  Slightly more verbose but clear.