Author Topic: More about side pot mucking  (Read 3255 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
More about side pot mucking
« on: August 21, 2012, 04:49:45 AM »

Monday, August 20, 2012 9:52 PM

Gentlemen: For some reason I was unable to reply on the most recent post about side pots, so I've posted this:

I agree all hands will be tabled but, I don't believe the process works exactly as Chet has stated. The side pots are awarded first, and in reverse order from the order they were created but, after the winner from side pot #2 is determined, the losing hand is tabled and mucked.

Side pot #1 is now contested and the hands are tabled and the losers are mucked again. The main pot will be decided last, as Chet stated, however at this time the first all-in player tables his hand and the losing hand is mucked and the winner gets the pot.

I see no point in all players cards remaining face up on the table. Maybe I'm not understanding Chet correctly?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:18:00 PM by Nick C »

chet

Re: More about side pot mucking
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 06:08:35 AM »
Nick:

I agree with your statement about the loosing hand(s) in each side pot being mucked, I goofed on that one.

My main point of response was that:

1.  the pots are awarded in the reverse order of creation,
2.  only the hands applicable to the pot being decided are to be tabled, and
3.  no hands applicable to a pot being contested can be mucked until the pot is awarded by the dealer.

Chet

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: More about side pot mucking
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 06:45:16 AM »
Chet,

No problem.

You did outline the most important facts that pertain to the all-in situation for tournaments. The reverse order the posts were created, and all players must show their hands before the pot they are contesting is awarded.

I know we have had this discussion in the past, (many times), but I still feel the need to clarify what you have mentioned. The current rule seems to imply that all cards are turned over at the same time, which is incorrect.