Author Topic: Rule 34 work with the overchip rule?  (Read 20047 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Rule 34 work with the overchip rule?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 12:32:26 PM »
Brian,
 I did catch the mistake but K-Lo resubmitted another question because of your mistake. I guess I prefer allowing the player to retract his bet as long as substantial action has not followed. I also believe that this was mentioned at the summit, allowing the player to retract his unintentional wager. Or does substantial action not apply in this situation?

Spence

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »
Brian,
 I did catch the mistake but K-Lo resubmitted another question because of your mistake. I guess I prefer allowing the player to retract his bet as long as substantial action has not followed. I also believe that this was mentioned at the summit, allowing the player to retract his unintentional wager. Or does substantial action not apply in this situation?
Nick, it's funny you should mention the summit and some TD's saying that a player may retract an unintentional wager when we are currently arguing about Rule 41 on another thread. Rule 41 was put in place when it seems that there would have already been opoosition to it. I wish I could have been at the summit...
For the record Rule 41 is:
41: Accepted Action
Poker is a game of alert, continuous observation. It is the caller’s responsibility to determine the correct amount of an opponent’s bet before calling, regardless of what is stated by the dealer or players. If a caller requests a count but receives incorrect information from the dealer or players, then places that amount in the pot, the caller is assumed to accept the full correct action & is subject to the correct wager or all-in amount. As with all tournament situations, Rule 1 may apply at TD’s discretion.

Nick C

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 07:33:33 PM »
Spence,
 I'm not following what you're saying. Are you agreeing that rule 41 is flawed? or are you in favor of it? The issue on this thread is if a player is obligated to any amount that he announces or pushes (in turn) even if it was based on an unclear bet. Should the player be allowed to retract his bet as long as the next player has not acted?

Spence

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 07:54:53 PM »
I am not in favour of rule 41.
I am in favour of this circumstance the player who put chips into the pot in turn having to leave them in.

Nick C

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 02:52:42 AM »
Sounds fair to me. Out with #41!  We can continue to debate how much (if any) of a players bet is committed to the pot after an unclear bet.

W0lfster

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 04:46:57 AM »
I think its different here Nick as he did not bet out of turn. If he did then I would allow him to retract his bet if there is no bet/raise on the players before him. I would say if he had said call before the 500 chip hit the surface, then I would bind him to the 1200.

Makes sense I hope.