Author Topic: Folding again at showdown  (Read 10987 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Folding again at showdown
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 07:26:42 PM »
Spence,
 There's no question about it. If everybody had to show at the showdown, it could take longer, but Knowing that you have to show would eliminate collusion, chip dumping, mistakes of folding winners and more.

Spence

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 08:11:05 PM »
Nick, now that I think more on it, I think it would be faster. Once all hands are tabled there will still be players folding but their cards wud have been shown so there can be no mistake as to who should win. You'll have 10 people at the table ensuring that the best hand is going to win. In that regard it may be faster than all the hollywooding going on at the showdowns we have now.

W0lfster

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 05:36:06 AM »
What we must understand that the word fold at showdown has no meaning; cards speak and thats that. I would award the pot to player B as A had voluntary mucked first, the fact the dealer didnt touch it to the muck makes no difference IMO unless there was confusion as to who the winner was etc. In that case give the hand back if it is identifiable.

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 05:52:13 AM »
I'll never figure this one out; "saying fold at the showdown has no meaning ??? If a player says fold after he sees his opponents cards and tosses them in the direction of the muck, if I'm dealing, his hand is dead! The only rule that contradicts the action is if there is an all-in player, because then (and only then) do we have the right to see the folded hand ::)...unless of course we suspect collusion, then we can insist the hand be revealed at the discretion of the floor! How goofy is that? Turn all hands during tournament showdowns! That's it, simple!