Author Topic: All In Player, Cards touch the muck  (Read 4796 times)

CoreySilver

• TDA Member
All In Player, Cards touch the muck
« on: October 09, 2011, 10:55:34 AM »
Here's the scenerio...

Player A goes all in on the turn, Player B calls.
Player B shows pocket queens, Player A who is all in pitches their cards in the muck pile, but dealer catches them and clearly knows which two cards belong to player A, but they have touched the muck. Because player A is all in and must show their cards, can you retrieve those cards? Is that hand live? Is the hand dead and shown? Or is it dead and not shown and warning or penatly to player who mucked their all in hand?

Thanks for you input!

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: All In Player, Cards touch the muck
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 02:09:20 PM »
The dealer did the correct thing in protecting the muck pile from the hand being irrevocably mucked, the hand should be tabled after clarification from the floor and the best hand wins.

Had the hand been mucked without the two cards being clearly identifiable I would end the hand there and penalise the player who mucked their hand during an all-in, in this case a simple reminder that mucking a hand whilst a player is all-in is not permitted should suffice.

Regards
Stuart

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 02:47:35 PM »
Stuart,
 Great answer. I would hate to think that collusion was involved. I would like to see that the player that tossed his hand was drawing dead.

CoreySilver

• TDA Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 03:05:43 PM »
Thanks guys!

The cards were clearly identifiable, retrieved and the hand did play. Much to the surprise of the players at the table. Unfortunately, the all in player was not drawing dead. He misread the other players hand as top set, and was still drawing live to two pair or trips...