Author Topic: WSOP Dealer Irregularities  (Read 4641 times)

bill

• TDA Member
WSOP Dealer Irregularities
« on: September 16, 2011, 03:54:10 AM »
In the past the TDA has seemed to follow Roberts Rules on Dealer Irregularities since for the most part they are not listed in the TDA rules with the exeception of the four card flopL  These rules include what to do when the dealer burns and turns before action is complete.   In a recent discussion with local TD (for bar-games) he stated that the WSOP has determined that it will not reshuffle a deck once play has started and thierefore these dealer irregularities will be treated like a boxed card (ie.  if 4th street card is exposed before action complete - this card will be discarded and a burn and turn will take place following completion of action - no putting cards back in the deck).   The TD said he got this information directly from an WSOP dealer while he was playing a WSOP event.  I did a extensive web seach and found one place that indicated that this TD may be correct, but could not find any direct mention of it (I did find a separate rule/policy document for dealers though and again no mention of the way to handle irregulaities).   Any one know how the WSOP does it?

Bill

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: WSOP Dealer Irregularities
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 05:30:18 AM »
When I read your post, I thought to myself this sounds bizarre, I have however checked the WSOP rules and WSOP Dealer Guide and found the following which would seem to suggest your friend was told a pink elephant:

If the flop contains too many cards, it must be redealt. (This applies even if it were possible to know which card was the extra one.)
If before dealing the flop, the dealer failed to burn a card, or burned two cards, the error should be rectified if no cards were exposed. The deck must be reshuffled if any cards were exposed.
discovered before betting action has started for that round. Once action has been taken on a boardcard, the card must stand. Whether the error is able to be corrected or not, subsequent cards dealt should be those that would have come if no error had occurred. For example, if two cards were burned, one of the cards should be put back on the deck and used for the burncard on the next round. If there was no betting on a round because a player was all-in, the error should be corrected if discovered before the pot has been awarded.
If the dealer burns and turns before a betting round is complete, the card(s) may not be used, even if subsequent players elect to fold. Nobody has an option of accepting or rejecting the card. The betting is then completed, and the error rectified in the prescribed manner for that situation.
If the flop needs to be redealt for any reason, the boardcards are mixed with the remainder of the deck. The burncard remains on the table. After shuffling, the dealer cuts the deck and deals a new flop without burning a card.
A dealing error for the fourth boardcard is rectified in a manner to least influence the identity of the boardcards that would have been used without the error. The dealer burns and deals what would have been the fifth card in the fourth card's place. After this round of betting, the dealer reshuffles the deck, including the card that was taken out of play, but not including the burncards or discards. The dealer then cuts the deck and deals the final card without burning a card. If the fifth card is turned up prematurely, the deck is reshuffled and dealt in the same

Regards
Stuart

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: WSOP Dealer Irregularities
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 09:36:08 AM »
bill,
 You might want to look at this earlier post on the subject:   http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?topic=289.0