Author Topic: TDA summit 2011 - Substantial action question  (Read 22849 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: TDA summit 2011 - Substantial action question
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »
Good points are brought up as examples. I like that we are at least considering backing up the action to the proper player. Ricky9, I'm not sure I know what a numpty dealer is but, I'm sure I sat at their tables. I think, with good dealers, and players that pay attention to the action, skipped players should not be a problem.

Linda Johnson

• TDA Founding Member
  • TDA Member & Active Poster
    • Card Player Cruises
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 04:54:01 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I'm sorry we haven't responded sooner. I've been out of the country for two weeks. We are very near to getting the final version of the 2011 completed. Here is what we are looking at regarding the definition of substantial action:
Substantial Action. Substantial Action is defined as any two actions involving two players putting chips in the pot (bet, raise, or call), or any combination of three actions (check, bet, raise, call, or fold).  Comments welcome, as always.
Linda Johnson

JasperToo

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 06:23:04 PM »
Thanks Linda!  That definition fits perfectly with what I heard at the summit.

I like that you clarified it by saying two players putting chips in the pot instead of just two actions involving chips. 

Looking forward to the rest of the rule set to see how the rest of the changes came out.

W0lfster

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2011, 07:20:20 PM »
Forgive me for my questions but I am confused about the calling TIME bit. When do you use it and what is it for? Do you actually say time?