Author Topic: 2019 TDA Rules Foreign Language Translations  (Read 19746 times)

MikeB

• Administrator
  • TDA Member & Veteran Poster
2019 TDA Rules Foreign Language Translations
« on: September 23, 2019, 12:46:32 PM »
Various translations of the 2019 Poker TDA Rules can be found at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vm7ywk8d6ahmv6o/AACr8toGlxAovUCW7rptpgNBa?dl=0

Chinese Version 1.0 is courtesy of Nan Zhu

French Version 1.0 is courtesy of Terence Bertault

German Version 1.0 is courtesy of the Landespokerverband NRW e.V.

Italian Version 1.0 is courtesy Fabiano Stefanini

Japanese Version 1.0 is courtesy of Japan Open Poker Tour Co. and the Japan Poker Association. Translation supervisor:Tatsumune Miyata Translators:Munehiko Matsuyama and shotaimu Final editing by: Naoki Watanabe and Takaaki Ogasahara

Korean Version 1.0 is courtesy of Tyler Jang and the tremendous work of Team Unknown in Busan, Korea

Korean Version 1.0 in Longform with Redlines is courtesy of Jae Chang and the translation team at Korea Series of Poker (KSOP)

Portuguese Version 1.0 is courtesy of Devanir "DC" Campos of the Brazilian Series of Poker (BSOP)

Spanish Version 1.0 is courtesy of Vicente Lopez Tejada

Chinese Version 1.0 is also at this link (including Baidu access): https://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?topic=1600.0
German Version 1.0 is also at this link: https://lpvnrw.de/tdarules.php
Japanese Version 1.0 is also at this link: https://t.co/qOutxDzLXb?amp=1
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:06:22 PM by MikeB »

BillM16

Re: 2019 TDA Rules Foreign Language Translations
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 10:38:09 AM »
Several of the translations are provided with only RED LINE annotated version.  I don't believe these to be for general use. Will the translators provide general use publications?  I'd like to include those in the iPhone app when available.

Currently, the Italian, Spanish, and German translations are RED LINE versions.   
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:42:55 AM by BillM16 »

MikeB

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 11:40:02 PM »
Converting redline to "standard" version is easy if it's in Word DOC. Just highlight the red, change to black and un-bold it.

BillM16

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 07:01:53 AM »
Converting redline to "standard" version is easy if it's in Word DOC. Just highlight the red, change to black and un-bold it.

Unfortunately, that isn't accurate.  There are several places where you describe differences as removed or added in the rule text.  While I can easily read these in English, I cannot do so in foreign languages.  Also, as both additions and deletions are red, I don't know which action to perform.  The rule text should not include your comments - this is why there is a separate edited black English version.

For example:

[Rule regarding Number of Players at Final Table is moved to Recommended Procedure RP-9]
[eliminated: when moving from a broken table]
[eliminated: 5) In stud, if any player?s first 2 downcards are exposed by dealer error];
[C: two-motion raises eliminated].

... and several others. 

Have red versions of the above foreign translations removed these comments already?  I cannot easily tell.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:27:22 AM by BillM16 »

MikeB

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 08:33:37 PM »

Unfortunately, that isn't accurate.  There are several places where you describe differences as removed or added in the rule text.  While I can easily read these in English, I cannot do so in foreign languages.  Also, as both additions and deletions are red, I don't know which action to perform.  The rule text should not include your comments - this is why there is a separate edited black English version.

For example:

[Rule regarding Number of Players at Final Table is moved to Recommended Procedure RP-9]
[eliminated: when moving from a broken table]
[eliminated: 5) In stud, if any player?s first 2 downcards are exposed by dealer error];
[C: two-motion raises eliminated].

... and several others. 

Have red versions of the above foreign translations removed these comments already?  I cannot easily tell.

The few "elimination" citations you mention can be easily backed-off in a Word doc.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 08:35:20 PM by MikeB »

BillM16

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 10:07:46 PM »
Great! I will include those in the app when they are ready. So far I have English, Chinese, Japanese, and Portuguese. The others still need backed-off. It’s probably pretty easy for those who can read it - I cannot.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 06:49:48 AM by BillM16 »