Author Topic: Crazy story: card dealt from muck - what would YOU have done?  (Read 276 times)

MisterD

• TDA Member
I help run a 5/5 PLO home game and the nuttiest thing happened last night. I wasn't there, but here's the story I got from the player most upset by it.

• 3 players pay to see the Turn.
  • Our Hero pots the Turn and next-to-act folds. While last-to-act is considering the bet, the dealer realizes that, because he had put the stub down (mistake #1) in order to cash-out a player in the middle of the hand (mistake #2), he had accidentally picked up the mucked cards and dealt the Turn Card from that pile (unbelievable mistake #3)
  • To his credit, the dealer immediately announced the error.

I wasn't there and I'm still getting reports about what happened, but I assume that the dealer mucked the improper Turn Card, dealt a correct one and then rewound action (the bet and fold) and allowed all three players to start the round again from the correct Turn card. Now, our Hero is pissed because a) the improper Turn had given him top full house and b) his action revealed information about his hand... but there's nothing we can do about that. The only other way I can imagine ruling is to declare a misdeal, unwind the entire hand, return all chips to all players and deal a new hand without moving the button.

Anything I'm missing? Any other input (other than serious training for the dealer)?

GreggPath

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Crazy story: card dealt from muck - what would YOU have done?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 01:11:10 PM »
Is there any way to be sure that the correct cards were used when things were corrected? I don't know if there is a good rule to use here, but I would be apt to cancel the hand and rewind bets if possible.

tommarsden

• TDA Member
Re: Crazy story: card dealt from muck - what would YOU have done?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 02:39:33 PM »
How was the fold reversed? Were his cards not put into the muck? Dealer mistake #4.