Author Topic: TDA procedure  (Read 10273 times)

BIG AL

• TDA Member & Active Poster
TDA procedure
« on: July 01, 2019, 01:05:17 PM »
Hello, Regards to all.  I would like someone to tell me where I can find the procedures related to the game itself.  The dealer works if he opens a flop without a burnt card, if he opens a turn before time and so on.  Thank you

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: TDA procedure
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 05:37:19 AM »
Big Al

I found this in Roberts Rules...see if this is what you're looking for.

1.    If the first holecard dealt is exposed, a misdeal results. The dealer will retrieve the card, reshuffle, and recut the cards. If any other holecard is exposed due to a dealer error, the deal continues. The exposed card may not be kept. After completing the hand, the dealer replaces the card with the top card on the deck, and the exposed card is then used for the burncard. If more than one holecard is exposed, this is a misdeal and there must be a redeal.

2.    If the flop contains too many cards, it must be redealt. (This applies even if it were possible to know which card was the extra one.)

3.    If the flop needs to be redealt because the cards were prematurely flopped before the betting was complete, or the flop contained too many cards, the boardcards are mixed with the remainder of the deck. The burncard remains on the table. After shuffling, the dealer cuts the deck and deals a new flop without burning a card. [See “Section 16 – Explanations,” discussion #2, for more information on this rule.]

4.    If the dealer turns the fourth card on the board before the betting round is complete, the card is taken out of play for that round, even if subsequent players elect to fold. The betting is then completed. The dealer burns and turns what would have been the fifth card in the fourth card’s place. After this round of betting, the dealer reshuffles the deck, including the card that was taken out of play, but not including the burncards or discards. The dealer then cuts the deck and turns the final card without burning a card. If the fifth card is turned up prematurely, the deck is reshuffled and dealt in the same manner. [See “Section 16 – Explanations,” discussion #2, for more information on this rule.]

5.    If the dealer mistakenly deals the first player an extra card (after all players have received their starting hands), the card will be returned to the deck and used for the burncard. If the dealer mistakenly deals more than one extra card, it is a misdeal.

6.    You must declare that you are playing the board before you throw your cards away; otherwise you relinquish all claim to the pot.

MikeB

• Administrator
  • TDA Member & Veteran Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 06:11:57 PM »
Hello, Regards to all.  I would like someone to tell me where I can find the procedures related to the game itself.  The dealer works if he opens a flop without a burnt card, if he opens a turn before time and so on.  Thank you
Hi Al: Please see TDA Recommended Procedure RP-5 on premature board cards. Scroll down past the rules to the Rec Procedure section here:
https://www.pokertda.com/view-poker-tda-rules/

redhat

• TDA Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 05:32:40 AM »
Big Al

I found this in Roberts Rules...see if this is what you're looking for.

1.    If the first holecard dealt is exposed, a misdeal results. The dealer will retrieve the card, reshuffle, and recut the cards. If any other holecard is exposed due to a dealer error, the deal continues. The exposed card may not be kept. After completing the hand, the dealer replaces the card with the top card on the deck, and the exposed card is then used for the burncard. If more than one holecard is exposed, this is a misdeal and there must be a redeal.

2.    If the flop contains too many cards, it must be redealt. (This applies even if it were possible to know which card was the extra one.)

39:  Four-Card Flops and Premature Cards

If the flop has 4 rather than 3 cards, exposed or not, the floor will be called. The dealer then scrambles the 4 cards face down, the floor randomly selects one as the next burn card and the other 3 are the flop. For prematurely dealt cards, see Recommended Procedure 5.

3.    If the flop needs to be redealt because the cards were prematurely flopped before the betting was complete, or the flop contained too many cards, the boardcards are mixed with the remainder of the deck. The burncard remains on the table. After shuffling, the dealer cuts the deck and deals a new flop without burning a card. [See “Section 16 – Explanations,” discussion #2, for more information on this rule.]

4.    If the dealer turns the fourth card on the board before the betting round is complete, the card is taken out of play for that round, even if subsequent players elect to fold. The betting is then completed. The dealer burns and turns what would have been the fifth card in the fourth card’s place. After this round of betting, the dealer reshuffles the deck, including the card that was taken out of play, but not including the burncards or discards. The dealer then cuts the deck and turns the final card without burning a card. If the fifth card is turned up prematurely, the deck is reshuffled and dealt in the same manner. [See “Section 16 – Explanations,” discussion #2, for more information on this rule.]

5.    If the dealer mistakenly deals the first player an extra card (after all players have received their starting hands), the card will be returned to the deck and used for the burncard. If the dealer mistakenly deals more than one extra card, it is a misdeal.

6.    You must declare that you are playing the board before you throw your cards away; otherwise you relinquish all claim to the pot.