Author Topic: Premature board cards  (Read 4664 times)

Guillaume Gleize

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Premature board cards
« on: April 19, 2010, 01:20:13 PM »
Allow me a fifth question in the previous serie:

5) We all know how to manage the cards in the case of a dealer exposing prematurely a flop, turn or river ... but what about the bets?

I mean thoses rules I apply are rude with the players who ALLREADY BET: the next players sometimes have an advantage even if the cards will be mixed with the deck and can be exposed later ... 3 exemples with 5 players left at the flop:

- FLOP QQX
A check
B check
C check
D bet (bluff on a possible QQQ)
---> premature turn Q !
The bluff of D is in danger with less trip possible ... player E and players A B C can better call or reraise !!

- FLOP SSX (two spades)
A check
B check
C bet (semi-bluff with 2 spades flush draw)
---> premature turn SPADE !
Any next player with a hand can bet on the fact that the turn have less chance to be a spade !!

- FLOP SSX (two spades)
A bet (to protect and value his nut set)
B call
---> premature turn SPADE !
Any next player with a flush draw will better fold thinking the turn have less chance to be a spade !!

Any opinion his precious to me ...
Best regards,
GG

Stuart Murray

Re: Premature board cards
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 03:16:06 PM »
A lot of these situations where outs are only affected by say 5% I would do little where outs are affected to a higher percentile I would look at the situation a little more closely, for example your AQQ board would require some more attention than your SSX board.

If I genuinely felt the player whom bet was disadvantaged by the exposure of the next board card on the AQQ I may 'consider' freezing the action and checking it down to the river, but that would be in only extreme situations.  Most of the time I would just keep my eye on it.

The best interests of the game require people to loose and win and by capping the action to any extend we are therefore damaging that, but then we have to weigh up that against the dealer error and how much damage it has done to that particular hand.

Regards
Stuart

Martin L. Waller

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:44:01 AM »
Guillaume,

I hope you are getting some new dealers soon. ;)

I don’t like the cause and effect of this question any more than you do but the cards have to be re-dealt. In all of your examples the latter players do get a small view into the changed probabilities but as we all know one outers can still be hit. Nothing is definite in poker.

Have a good game,
Martin

Guillaume Gleize

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 05:45:21 AM »
Thanks for your posts (sometime funny).

One point: I never wanted to let the premature cards on the table (ever): as I say WE ALL KNOW HOW TO MANAGE THE PREMATURE BOARD CARDS ... I was just tempted IN SOME SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES ... to annulate the bets made in the round BEFORE the premature card was exposed and to restart this betting round. Because once again THOSES INITIAL PLAYERS SOMETIMES FIND THEMSELVES IN A DIFFICULT POSITION BECAUSE OF THE ONLY FAULT OF THE DEALER!!!

(for sure some of thoses dealers should think twice before doing it again  8) )
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:09:28 AM by Guillaume Gleize »