Author Topic: chip in pocket  (Read 5179 times)

Mundifute

• TDA Member
chip in pocket
« on: April 06, 2010, 07:56:03 AM »
this weekend in a tourney with 52 players, where I was the director, something occurred.
player A went all in and player B called and win the hand, busted player A. after more or less 30 minutes the player A camed to me and told me that by missteak had a 500 chip in his pocket, when he changed tables and what to do to his 500 chip.
my decision was that like it was already many action on the table of the player B and the average stacks was about 20.000, to don't give back the chip to player B and take that chip out of tourney, did I act well?

lvchiquita

• TDA Member
Re: chip in pocket
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 10:14:40 AM »
I think the rule is any time a chip is put in a pocket or a purse that chip is now out of play.

chet

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:23:19 AM »
TDA Rule #38 - Chips in Transit  Players may not hold or transport tournament chips in any manner that takes them out of view.  A player who does so will forfeit the chips and will face disqualification.  The forfeited chips will be taken out of play.

There is a WSOP rule to the same effect.  In fact, it was either 2008 or 2009 Main Event, that a player did violate the WSOP rule probably inadvertently and that player was disqualified with no refund.

I think you made the correct decision.  Furthermore, you should really consider adopting rule #38 or something similar.  That said, players need to be provided a means of transporting chips such that they do not violate the rule.  Most cardrooms have plastic chip trays.  Many smaller events do not.  I think that zip top plastic bags work just fine and the cost is minimal. 

Hope this helps!!

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 05:18:52 PM »
ditto Chet's response,  A chip out of view cannot be played.

I use chip racks for moving players, and therefore if they don't rack the chips in the trays i've given them they can be penalized or dsq'd quite easily.

"I gave you a rack to transport your chips, and told you to use it"

Regards
Stuart