Author Topic: above shows his cards  (Read 4842 times)

David21

• TDA Member & Active Poster
above shows his cards
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:38:50 PM »
In txhd n / l Player A pending action, player b above shows their cards without announcing its action.
 1) That player b deserves sanction for show?
 2) all in Player A, Player B shows his cards being with pending action. What is the procedure?
 3) when a player verbally announces his letters he is in play and not ended the game receives sanction?

sorry for my English

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: above shows his cards
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 07:59:51 AM »
David,

I will attempt to answer your questions. Hopefully, I should be able to sort out your situations. First of all, you should find your answers under TDA #'s 59: No Disclosure & 60 Exposing Cards....

It is highly unethical for any player to expose or reveal the contents of their holding. Tournament poker will call for a penalty that will begin the next hand. Verbally stating the contents of a hand is also a violation. As always, the severity of punishment might be determined by the experience of the player, or the history of a seasoned player...deliberate, or accidental?

Other consideration should be given to the number of players and when the infraction occurs. I hope this helps.

Brian Vickers

• Poker Manager
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 11:08:26 AM »
In txhd n / l Player A pending action, player b above shows their cards without announcing its action.
 1) That player b deserves sanction for show?
 2) all in Player A, Player B shows his cards being with pending action. What is the procedure?
 3) when a player verbally announces his letters he is in play and not ended the game receives sanction?

sorry for my English

1) Player B should receive a penalty/sanction following the conclusion of this hand.  Standard penalty is generally 1-round of the button in this case.
2) Ask, "is that a fold sir?" If he shows while folding, technically the fold closed out the action, but if he's showing his card to get a read/tell from the player and then takes action afterwards, a penalty/sancion is called for.
3) Players should not reveal the contents of a live hand whether it's through showing or telling another player what they have.  Showing & telling are both equally disclosing and a penalty is generally called for here as well.  I might give less than a round for first offense for saying and not showing.

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »
Brian,

I can not agree with  "If he shows while folding, technically the fold closed out the action"....TDA #59 No Disclosure covers that completely. There is a big difference as to when a player exposes his hand, folding or not. Folding when facing a bet with other players to follow is worse than folding when last to act.

Brian Vickers

• Poker Manager
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 12:46:53 PM »
Nick, I was meaning: if the situation was heads up and the player folding would close the action then he may announce fold and show his hand in that spot.

Spence

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 07:19:43 AM »
simple...
1)Penalty
2)Penalty
3)Penalty