Author Topic: team play tournaments  (Read 14217 times)

TeamPoker101

• TDA Member & Active Poster
team play tournaments
« on: May 12, 2015, 12:46:10 PM »
NOW:

61: Ethical Play
Poker is an individual game. Soft play will result in penalties, which may include forfeiture of chips and/or disqualification. Chip dumping and/or all other forms of collusion will result in disqualification.

PROPOSED CHANGE:
61: Ethical Play
Poker is an individual game. Soft play will result in penalties, which may include forfeiture of chips and/or disqualification. Chip dumping and/or all other forms of collusion will result in disqualification. A team scoring tournament (“team play”) is ethical, when players on the same team are known, identified, and the random seating protocol does not allow teammates to play on the same table until they play heads-up or they are the only players left in the tournament.

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: team play tournaments
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:17:54 PM »
Teampoker,

Very interesting. In your case it's not an individual game, is it! In fact, I questioned the "individual game" wording from the first time I saw it in print. To me, solitare is an individual game. ;D

How about: 61 B Team Play or team scoring tournaments are excluded from....or shall not be governed by....or something to that effect.

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 02:28:02 PM »
Teampoker,

Very interesting. In your case it's not an individual game, is it! In fact, I questioned the "individual game" wording from the first time I saw it in print. To me, solitare is an individual game. ;D
On this note, I think I can agree.

It might be better worded as: Poker is a game between Individual players.
@wsopmcgee on Twitter

TeamPoker101

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 10:43:45 AM »
Nick C,
TeamPoker.com patented concept (PN 7819735) has both Individual and Team payout ... based on Tournament Directors structure (e.g. 60-40% ... anything they want ... could be just an overlay). TP Handicap allows Tournament Directors to structure any size teams.

The 'No-Contact Team Poker(R)' seating protocol (Pat. Pending: 14708764) does not allow teammates to be on the same table with opponents. There is no collusion potential following the protocol (i.e. no possibility of "slow playing" or "chip dumping" between teammates with opponents on the table as TP Seating Protocol does not allow it).

So "randomness" in seating takes this requirement into account. If teammates remain at the end of tournament the tables may run as SNGs until further consolidation can take place. Teammates may have to "wait" for a heads-up table to finish the tournament before consolidating to a final heads-up table.

When teammates are required to play against each other at the end of a tournament, it most likely would not make sense to 'chip dump' to one teammate and lose a 'pay-out step', but any strategy here is just that a "strategy" and not collusion.   

All other TDA Rules remain intact. The TP Seating Protocol allows ethical/fair poker for both individuals and teams in the same poker tournament.     
Glyn O

Nick C

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 12:16:17 PM »
TeamPoker101:

Thanks for all the info. I've never been involved in anything quite like that, so I will listen intently while you speak. However, I still don't like that first line in TDA #61: "Poker is an individual game".... ;D

TeamPoker101

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 01:36:46 PM »
Nick C:
Thanks ... I'd be happy to explain anything I can about TEAMPOKER(r)com. The basics are as simple as I previously wrote.
The Rules Change is simply to recognize that "team scoring" is possible in a single poker tournament with proper seating protocol.

Randomness in seating assignments, and Administration management are affected, but the gain in player and spectator interest is increased. Skill is more of a factor with Team composite scoring and then again if optional Reverse Handicap (smaller size team then max allowed) is used. 

I will be launching teampoker.com Individual and Team Ranking Site soon, and I am hoping that the PokerTDA/ Poker Community can be receptive to the team scoring concept.
All the Best!
Glyn O

Nick C

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 03:06:04 PM »
Glyn O...I'm all ears!

TeamPoker101

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 06:40:39 PM »
Nick C,
Send me an email and I'll send you some PDFs ... Is there anyway to posts PDFs on this site?

I would appreciate any feed back on TP and Seating Protocol.
glyn@teampoker.com

PS ... anyone else interested in docs, please do the same.

TeamPoker101

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 01:48:38 PM »
Anyone interested in viewing detailed figures/ examples of the Team Poker Seating Protocol can see them by:

1) going to "teampoker.com".
2) click on "About" tab.
3) click on "Seating Protocol".
4) click on "PDF TEAM POKER SEATING PROTOCOL" ... in second line of title.

Any feedback is appreciated. 

Nick C

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 07:58:45 PM »
TeamPoker: It appears to me that you just might be the "expert" when it comes to Team Poker. I know I can't offer any help in that department.