Author Topic: Please explain.  (Read 7402 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Please explain.
« on: April 10, 2015, 11:46:57 AM »
I have seen this on numerous rule-sets...can anyone explain? The Showdown

To win any part of a pot, a player must show all of his/her cards faceup on the table, whether they were used in the final hand played or not.

MikeB

• Administrator
Re: Please explain.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »
That language is consistent with TDA 13-A and TDA 17.

Basically ALL hole cards must be shown, whether used in the final hand of 5 cards or not...

For example, you just can't turn 2 cards face-up in Omaha, even though you're just using 2 hole cards... you have to turn them all up, to prove you had a valid hand (no jokers, duplicate cards, etc.)...

... and also to have your hand read in the first place, it's cards speak at showdown.

This all said, I could swear that if you go back to the LV Hilton Book of Poker Rules, you only had to show winning cards, you could even showdown in holdem with one card if there was no reason to believe you didn't have two cards to start... from memory though.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:46:23 PM by MikeB »

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Please explain.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 04:44:26 PM »
Mike,
 Thanks for your reply. I'm still having a difficult time understanding the rule, the way it is written. Although, not too surprising. ???

Would either of these be better? Or am I just too picky?

At Showdown: In order to win any part of a pot, the winning player must show all of their hole cards. even those that are not part of the winning hand.

Or;

At Showdown: In order to claim any pot, the player must table their complete hand. In Texas Hold-em; Showing only the Ace of spades with 4 spades on board will not be considered the winner until both cards are shown.