Author Topic: stopping action  (Read 4790 times)

BIG AL

• TDA Member & Active Poster
stopping action
« on: July 14, 2014, 04:56:51 AM »
One interesting situation. A Bet. B Call. Board is of AKJ3 off A Bet on turn. B rase. A ALL IN and shows his cards QT player B says Call with 55!? Does the dealer or Floor can for stopping the action of player B, because a player has a nuc. The question is whether the player B deliberately wanted to transfer the chips to players A? I do not know, just asking. Whether this action can be stopped or we, as representatives of the houses do not have anything with that? Tnx
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:09:07 AM by BIG AL »

Tristan

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: stopping action
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 04:15:46 PM »
I do not think it is wise for ourselves to involve ourselves in that scenario.  The way you described it, Player A had a pair of Ks with the straight draw and Player B has a pair of 5s.  Technically, Player B can still win this hand!  Even if Player A had the straight and Player B wanted to call with 5s, I don't think it is our job to educate the players.  Now if there is some sort of history between these two players, that may be different.

Player A should be warned or penalized for showing his hand to Player B.
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

BIG AL

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 04:53:19 PM »
Sorry my mistake in writing!I corrected my post. Player A have QT bord AJK3 Player B have 55. A have nuc hand.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:12:08 AM by BIG AL »

K-Lo

• @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 06:27:55 AM »
Maybe B thought A was bluffing and only paired his the 3?

BIG AL

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 03:52:36 AM »
Player A  showed his cards. His card is open. Player B sees a nuc combination, and still want to pay. We can stop him to pay or not?

Nicolas Bouis

• TDA Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 04:14:08 AM »
I'm new but if you are sure that B saw cards and he saw that he can't win then chip dumping is not allowed (rule 61 ?) and players are disqualified (both player are in the rule), chips are out of the tournament.

If not sure then why stop the game ? Player A made a fault (warning) and Player B a very big mistake he payed by loosing chips.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 04:21:03 AM by Nicolas Bouis »

K-Lo

• @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 06:53:17 AM »
Oh sorry, I missed that. I think it wouldn't be out of place to ask him why he called after seeing the opponent already had a straight.  However, without more evidence of chip dumping (e.g. history), it would be hard for me to give a penalty here.  We don't really know if he misread A's hand, and then of course, B maybe thought he could still win (and he can by drawing a 5). This is something I see a lot with weaker players ("I had a pair, I couldn't fold...") In general, I agree with Tristan here.