Author Topic: Valid Call or Angle Shot?  (Read 12362 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Valid Call or Angle Shot?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 08:14:46 AM »
Unfortunately, we don't know who heard Player B say anything other than the "storyteller." Based on the information we were given, a decision has to be made. I've stated what I would have ruled...pot to Player A. I don't know how anyone else would rule.

TDA Rule 13: "Dealers cannot kill a hand that was tabled and is obviously the winning hand". This rule might need a little more:  TDA Rule 13: "Dealers cannot kill any player's   tabled hand, in for all bets, and is obviously the winning hand".

Tristan

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Valid Call or Angle Shot?
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »
BTW, to Tristan's point that the guy would get away with paying nothing if the opponent showed a Q... well he would have to pay it off if a persuasive contingent heard him say "I have to call"... but the fact it sounds like they didn't just raises more doubt that the guy clearly made that statement.

Where's Neil Johnson' suggestion for a video-replay when we really could use it!

Yeah, very hard to make this ruling without more info.  I have to think there was some body language or something else that happened to make the dealer, the other player, and the storyteller assume it was a fold even though the storyteller says the player said "I have to call..."

Bring on the video replay!  :)
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter