Author Topic: I love the TDA but sometime I disobey  (Read 3836 times)

Guillaume Gleize

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
I love the TDA but sometime I disobey
« on: August 30, 2013, 03:10:52 PM »
Hello,

Not only I defend everywhere the TDA but I did participate to the las Summit in Vegas.
But ... I mostly manage huge tournaments with 1000 to 3000 amateurs in giant sponsored events with or even WITHOUT dealers so ...
Here are the points were I'm not sure to follow the TDA rules:

11) Final tables: Mostly 9 to 10 full ring events, we ALLWAYS play the final table at 9 players because we want the 2 tables hand-by-hand final bubble to be play with an EVEN number of players (5/5)!

14) At showdown: a 100% identifiable hand pushed faces down is still alive if return by the owner or the actual winner or the wind BUT IS DEAD if returned by the dealer or anybody else!

18) Asking to see a hand at showdown is not only reserved to the player still in possession of their cards but is also limited to a declared suspicion of COLLUSION OR IRREGULAR HAND!

39) Any undercall without declaration of calling is treated 2 ways: 1) If only an amount is pushed, this amount stay and the player can only loose it and fold or complete to call or 2) If only an amount is declared and not pushed, it's invalid and the player can only fold (loosing nothing) or call. It works perfectly because 99% are no angling and if a guy was to angle (repeat that twice): he would received strong penalty!

46 & 54) We apply "accepted action" or hidden chips" but only in the limits of close amount differences. As soon as the difference is bigger or the full stack in danger, we look for the best interest of the game and protect as far as we can the player who received the wrong informations!

Now you can kill me!

8)

Bad Bad GG      
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:12:22 PM by Guillaume Gleize »

Stuart Murray

Re: I love the TDA but sometime I disobey
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 06:02:28 AM »
Guillaume I don't really see any major issues with compatibility with the TDA, some rules are tweaked as a house policy, but otherwise you are (more or less) compliant with the TDA aims.  Our rules aren't 100% the same either, we tweak them to suit our needs as a business.  The way I see it, if you are coming up with something that is almost consistent with the wording of the TDA rules you have a compatible format for standardised rules of poker with the rest of the industry.

I'm not going to go into breaking down your interpretation and execution of the rules you posted, that's your decision to make as an operation, there's no point getting worked up over a few rules being reworked to suit your own house and to that end I really don't take issue with your changes anyway.

Regards
Stuart

Guillaume Gleize

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »
Thank you for understanding Stuart!

Have a drink?

;)

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 02:36:54 AM »
Haha... Guillaume you slay me sometimes. Bad bad GG... hahaha. You are cool  8)

This and the reaction so far to Rule #29 are perfect examples of the TDA's original goals. Which I think has started to get lost in the last couple of TDA summits. And that is the TDA rules are simply guidelines and recommendations on how to run your tournaments and hopefully garner some type of continuity when playing at different venues.

I don't think there's a any house or tour circuit that follows the TDA rules word for word. So I think you're fine. :)

Some day I wish to have a drink with thee!
@wsopmcgee on Twitter