Author Topic: Uncommon tournament situation  (Read 3918 times)

Mikis

• TDA Member
Uncommon tournament situation
« on: July 27, 2013, 02:03:50 PM »
Please Help to understand situation.Nine players table. The first 6 fold, the button go All in , SB fold, BB call All in bet and after that dealer
mucked SB players cards and button players cards, Who is All in??
What proper ruling?Button players hand dead  and all money go to BB player or??

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Uncommon tournament situation
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »
Unfortunately for the player on the button yes, your interpretation is spot on.  You can make an attempt to retrieve the Buttons cards if they are easily retrievable and identifiable (but it sounds like the dealer has in all likelihood correctly mucked the players hand) but failing that the BB wins the pot by default.  A harsh lesson for any player but it is their responsibility and no-one else's to protect their hand.

Regards
Stuart

Mikis

• TDA Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 12:01:58 PM »
Thank you Stuart

Tristan

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »
I agree with Stuart.

I will usually give players in situations like this a discounted buy-in on their next tournament.  This helps take the sting away, but it is not their full money back so they still learn from it.  Plus it makes sure they will come back in the door!
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 02:06:07 PM »
I also agree...it does have many similarities to Baumann and Koroknai...hmm...I wonder how Tristan and Stuart would have ruled on that one? :D