Author Topic: Bust Order?  (Read 4618 times)

Guillaume Gleize

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Bust Order?
« on: March 06, 2013, 05:15:50 AM »
Hello,
Can I have your advice on this case?

6 handed 2000€ tourney
11 players left on 2 tables (6 & 5)
Payout gives 10000€ to the 11th and 12000€ to the 10th
Table 1: player A goes all-in against short stack player B who just hesitate ...
Just after on Table 2: player C goes all-in against short stack player D who hesitate ... Then pay and bust!
Just after on Table 1: player B pay and bust!
Player D is declared 11th with 10000€ by the computer (connected to the floor Ipods) ... And player B is 10th with 12000€.
But player D complain that player B used a delay to bust after player D (the two tables were close).
This was not my tourney but when they asked for my ruling: I said that I would have asked to the dealers to stop any all-in & call in that part of the tourney. But because they didn't, I must rule myself the timing ... And because both betting situation was established BEFORE any end: I ruled the hands to be simultaneous ... So the bust ... So I splitted the payout between the two players because they were sitting on 2 different tables!
Your opinion?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:18:02 AM by Guillaume Gleize »

K-Lo

• @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
Re: Bust Order?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:10:30 AM »
I don't mind the ruling, but if it is not hand-for-hand, can we really penalize B for stalling (assuming that he even did so intentionally)?

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 07:38:45 AM »
Hello Guillaume,

I agree with K-Lo but, if player B didn't complain too much, I would have handled it exactly as you did. Like Ken said, you really can't know for sure that he was stalling, correct?

Guillaume Gleize

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 03:17:57 PM »
Hello and TY to help.

Let say that D is a clean and regular PRO and that I actually had a personnal doubt on B. But to manage this situation without insulting B I ruled it that way.

The real point is general: Imagine that during those big payout steps EVERYBODY start dealying or calling clock to bust the later possible ... it's gonna be hell! Because we can't play all the payout in hand by hand! I really thing we avoided this until today because players were gambling ... but the day they all will be running after money ... Here is a weak point in our rules no?

GG

K-Lo

• @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 05:46:19 PM »
It is a bit difficult to manage.  I think part of the problem is the prize structure - I think some prize structures pay the same amount to everyone in bands based on the number of tables left.  Then, if two people bust on different tables, a lot of the time they would be paid the same anyways.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:51:22 PM by K-Lo »

Stuart Murray

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 04:47:04 PM »
Difficult unless hand for hand, I would of told player D it was "Tough titty" and he should of stalled a bit longer himself, had he been paying attention to what was happening, splitting the money I'm not opposed to but difficult to enforce in this situation.

Stu