Author Topic: Standard Ruling for WSOP case of self-mucked cards after making a bet?  (Read 17208 times)

MikeB

• Administrator
  • TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Standard Ruling for WSOP case of self-mucked cards after making a bet?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 10:22:24 PM »

A suggestion for next years summit: After we fix, Accepted Action ;D  

There's an important lesson in the Baumann / Koroknai video for people who want to change accepted action. That is that virtually nobody commenting in this thread on the Baumann video thought it was fair that Baumann be in a position to win more than she could lose on the bet...  and yet frankly many of the suggested changes to accepted action result in exactly that: the "caller" can win the entire amount that the all-in player pushes out, but will only have to pay off the amount under-counted by the dealer :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 02:09:24 PM by MikeB »

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 07:06:30 AM »
Mike,

I'm sorry for any confusion caused by my prior post that referred to substantial action, I meant to write Accepted Action instead.  :-[

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 04:43:13 AM »
I agree with the ruling. He's my boss  ;D
@wsopmcgee on Twitter

Nick C

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 09:03:45 AM »
Hello Thomas,

I'm not following what you are agreeing with. Does anyone have anything to say about the possibility that the all-in raise of Korokani knocked out the BB?

I never suggested that the excess amount be awarded to Bauman, what I said was: the amount should be removed from tournament play and Korokani be eliminated from the tournament because he went all-in, and mucked his hand.

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 12:27:05 PM »
Hello Thomas,

I'm not following what you are agreeing with.
Hi Nick,

The ruling in the video. The person giving the ruling is Dennis Jones. He is akin to the Godfather in WSOP circles as far as poker supervisory ethics and procedures are concerned. Much like Dave Lamb is regarded within the TDA community.

Also very shocked that this situation happened with this particular dealer. The dealer in the video is very experienced and does not normally make these types of mistakes.
@wsopmcgee on Twitter

Nick C

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 01:12:44 PM »
Thomas,

I have already said that I would have made the same call as Dennis Jones. However, after going back and forth on this thread I realize that it might not have been the best choice. This does not reflect on the credibility of Dennis, on the contrary, his action was swift and very professional and I (for one), would not want to trade places with him in that bizarre situation. I'd like to know what call he would make if it ever happened again. :-\Hmm...  

I'm sure your dealer feels bad about the mistake, but let's face it, the fault lies with the player.

I wonder how many times that dealer saved a player from making a bad play?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:53:47 PM by Nick C »