Author Topic: "All-in or Fold" Tourneys  (Read 10714 times)

K-Lo

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
"All-in or Fold" Tourneys
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:32:14 PM »
More a theoretical question than anything.... I've been hearing about this latest fad: "All-in or Fold" Tourneys.  Presumably, you can only go all-in, or you have to fold.  So curious - how do you rule if a player announces "call" pre-flop?  Would you rule that as an all-in?  or ask the player for clarification?  or give the player the option to fold but bind the call amount to the pot?

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: "All-in or Fold" Tourneys
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:08:09 PM »
K-Lo,
 I actually heard of this over a year ago. There was a poker blog that had an article titled AIOF (all in or fold). I would say, because there is no other option, the player is all-in. There is one betting round...period! You may fold or go all-in.

Spence

Re: "All-in or Fold" Tourneys
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 06:20:40 PM »
These are relatively new and I don't think they have tournaments based on this style yet but for the cash games how it works is the min adn max buy-in are very small. Roughly only 5 or 10 BB's. So realistically your only option is to shove all-in or fold. You can call in these games but it very rarely hapens and it not really suggested.
I have played these on 888 poker and no, they aren't fun...