Author Topic: Angle Shooting  (Read 19731 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Angle Shooting
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 06:55:26 AM »
Spence: The cards were tabled and not mucked...the dealer continued to burn and turn, not once but twice. There is no "rabbit hunting" so why would the dealer expose the turn and river if he didn't think the bet were called?

When the hell are you beginning that "player's" school? ;D

Spence

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 07:11:13 AM »
Jeez Nick,
Now I'm starting to worry if we give away too much info to the players they will just learn to take better advantage of us...
In a situation where there is an honest mistake made by the dealer I want to try and back the dealer up.  Remember this is a situation where the player was likely angle shooting.  When he loses that's a good thing.  I want the dealer to be able to walk away from that game with a warning about being sure that all bets are in before dealing a card but that it wan't his fault when nobody spoke up.  I feel like I may be flip flopping on this issue. 
Don't punish the player, don't punish the dealer.  Can't we all just get along?

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 08:08:54 AM »
 ;DSpence:

I don't know if punish is the right answer...I'd like to think that "educate" would be better. The dealer should wait for all bets to be complete before dealing another card, and the players must learn to make their intentions clear.

Just think how easy life could be for all TD's :)...The downside might be the elimination of floormen...ah, correction floor persons!?

I can see it now.

" Hello, I'd like a job application, please." "What position would you be applying for?" " A floor supervisory position in your poker room." "Gee, I'm awfully sorry but, we no longer have a need for any "floor" positions." "Really?" "Really...haven't needed any because our dealers are all trained by Nick C, and we only allow players that are certified from Spence's Tournament Players Association." ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:11:27 AM by Nick C »

Spence

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 09:22:40 AM »
Lol...  In a perfect world  :D