Author Topic: Dealing Procedures for Triple Draw  (Read 9235 times)

K-Lo

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
Dealing Procedures for Triple Draw
« on: September 17, 2012, 11:01:41 PM »
I came across a question on the net, and I was about to answer, until I realized that I too have forgotten how dealers are currently taught to deal this game, and in particular, how to handle discards.  I understand there was some commotion about procedure about 5 years ago at WSOP, and since then all dealers seem to be handling the discards in the same way, but I can't seem to picture all the details now.

In particular, on a given drawing round, each players announces how many discards he is going to make and puts those cards in front of him/her.  This is repeated for each remaining player.  After everyone has made their discards, then replacement cards are dealt.  The cards are counted face down on the table and pushed to the player.

Now here is where I am having a memory lapse... I'm pretty sure that current schools teach not mixing the discards immediately with the muck - they are left in a separate pile, and mixed in with the muck only after all replacement cards have been dealt.  Can someone confirm whether this is correct?  Also, will the second player's discards be mixed in with the first player's discards, or are each player's discards kept separate until they are ready to be mixed in with the muck?

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Dealing Procedures for Triple Draw
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 11:20:16 AM »
Hello K_Lo,

I believe you are correct when you say:   "I'm pretty sure that current schools teach not mixing the discards immediately with the muck - they are left in a separate pile, and mixed in with the muck only after all replacement cards have been dealt."

I honestly don't even touch on any draw games because they are not dealt locally.