Author Topic: Should All-in rule apply?  (Read 3414 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Should All-in rule apply?
« on: August 23, 2012, 05:03:41 AM »
Multiple players on final betting round; Jason has 50 units and wagers 10, Samantha calls, and Anthony calls with his last 10.

chet

Re: Should All-in rule apply?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 07:48:45 AM »
Why not? 

There is at least 1 all in player and all betting has been completed (you said it is the final betting round) and since Samantha did not raise Jason's initial bet, there is no side pot.  All three hands should be turned over at this point.  Assuming you didn't intentionally leave out a little minor detail such as more players that have not yet acted. :)

Chet

Nick C

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 09:01:44 AM »
Chet,
 I can certainly agree with you. I guess, my question focused more on a player not announcing all-in when they called. So, if it is not noticed, or the dealer does not state that the player is all-in, I can see the initial bettor (Jason) showing his "nut hand" and the others folding.

Who calls with their last bet and says; "I'm all-in?"   

chet

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:29:12 AM »
Nick:

Almost without exception, the no-limit players I play with will announce they are "all-in" regardless of the amount of chips.  I suppose there are differences throughout the country, but unless you are playing with a bunch of newbies, I don't think this is a problem worth addressing by the TDA.

While we are on that subject, my personal opinion is that the rule makers, whether the TDA, the WSOP, Robert's Rules (Bob C), or even house rules for that matter, need not spend their valuable time addressing situations that come up only once in a great while.  I think our time is better spent resolving situations that occur with enough frequency to justify a "rule for the masses".  The once in a great while situations can by covered by Rule #1 IMHO.

Chet

Nick C

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 03:03:34 PM »
Chet,

I have asked numerous questions on this forum without getting any answers. Many of the legitimate questions that I ask on a regular basis remain unanswered, so please forgive me for taking up your time with an asinine question once in a while, okay? They are the only ones that seem to get a response.

As far as I'm concerned, if it wasn't for the addition of Mike Bishop, our rulemakers are AWOL.

Gee, maybe I should strike up a conversation on the addition of the word "complete" as an unmistakable, time honored declaration.

If it comes across as sarcastic, it was meant to be.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:40:04 PM by Nick C »