Author Topic: Change still in front!  (Read 3921 times)

Steven

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Change still in front!
« on: August 10, 2012, 05:30:56 PM »
This one was kind of weird, but drew a bit of controversy!

Preflop (blinds are 300 600 w/50 ante) fold up to seat 9 (ten handed)
Seat nine pushes forward 1700. Something looks strange cuz I see 50 in front and a bit to the left of the 1700 amount.
Seat 1 calls for1750 and I (in seat 2)  kind of question what the bet was!
Then they realize that seat 9 hadn't taken back his 50 change from the 100 he had put in.

It was still ruled (by the dealer, I really didnt care to call the floor for that amount since I was looking at AQ in SB and was concentrating on that!) to be a bet of 1750!

Not a big deal, chipwise, but I wonder if the extra 50 should really have been in play!

-- Steven

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Change still in front!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 06:55:55 PM »
Steven,
 You're right about it not being a big deal but, if the player objected to the extra 50, he should have said something. It's hard to fault the dealer when he was looking at a 1750 total. I know it's asking a lot, and I know how tough it is, but wouldn't it be nice if the bettor had to announce what the hell he was betting??! ::)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:03:55 PM by Nick C »

K-Lo

• @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »
If seat 1 didn't take the change back, then I think it has to be part of the bet.  Especially since seat 1 has now acted on that amount (1750), I'm not returning the 50.  It is up to the player to make his intentions clear.  The 50 was probably change for the antes (which are collected before cards are dealt), so this could also have been avoided if the dealer simply said "take back your change" as he is distributing the cards.

Stuart Murray

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
^^ what K-Lo said

Regards
Stuart