Author Topic: Hand for hand at every payout increase?  (Read 6397 times)

Brian Vickers

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • Poker Manager
Hand for hand at every payout increase?
« on: November 16, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »
If there are multiple tables in play and the next eliminatation would result in a payout increase, should I always be doing hand-for-hand?  I know that it's typically done at the bubble to prevent stalling, but isn't stalling an issue anytime there is a payout increase?  I keep hearing that many place only do it at the actual bubble.  How do you guys do it?

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Hand for hand at every payout increase?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:48:03 AM »
Hello Brian,

I'm not the expert in this category, so I am just as interested as you in the best solution. The hand for hand worked best when we were down to 2 tables, of course I am speaking of much smaller tournaments than many of you are experiencing. Nothing as boring as sitting and waiting for players at another table to complete a hand.

K-Lo

• @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:49:51 PM »
I think it may be a bit impractical to do it for every payout increase... Probably fine to do it at the biggest jumps, such as the money bubble and perhaps final table bubble.

Tristan

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 09:49:19 AM »
I usually don't unless it is a large buy-in tournament with big money jumps.
Tristan
@TristanWilberg on Twitter

Stuart Murray

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 09:53:28 AM »
I'm with Tristian, I have pretty much stopped doing it now at all, unless it is a big money event, otherwise I just plough on without hand for hand - it has worked the last two weekends with a £10,000 and £7,000 event paying 20 and 15 respectively, without issue of who went out where.

If you do have any issue with who placed which position, and cannot seperate them by time, then you can still combine both prizes and split between the two players.

Regards
Stuart

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 03:36:23 AM »
If there are multiple tables in play and the next eliminatation would result in a payout increase, should I always be doing hand-for-hand?
No.
  I know that it's typically done at the bubble to prevent stalling, but isn't stalling an issue anytime there is a payout increase?
Not generally.
  I keep hearing that many place only do it at the actual bubble.  How do you guys do it?
Correct. That's how we do it.
@wsopmcgee on Twitter