Author Topic: Balancing Tables - Clarification  (Read 36307 times)

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Balancing Tables - Clarification
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 04:35:54 PM »
K-Lo,

Thanks! I finally figured it out! Or I should say, you explained it better than anyone ever did. Some day, when I have more time, I'll figure out a way to explain the unusual conditions that create the situation for the BB going to the same seat on back-to-back hands.

diz475

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2012, 01:13:37 PM »
k-lo you continue to be concerned about who has last action if i leave no open seat for the small blind and let the button stall in a seat for one hand but if there is a seat open for a dead small then the button will be dead the next hand anyway and the same player will have last action.

both ways same player has last action two times

i really wish we could get some more input on the situations from someone other then me you and nick because i can see you just dont agree with me that this is how this rule was ment to be used.

i guess the rule could say even if the same seat has the BB twice as long as a seat is reserved for the dead small [/b] blind, then i would be with you,  but it does not

K-Lo

• @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2012, 07:37:13 PM »
k-lo you continue to be concerned about who has last action if i leave no open seat for the small blind and let the button stall in a seat for one hand but if there is a seat open for a dead small then the button will be dead the next hand anyway and the same player will have last action.

both ways same player has last action two times

i really wish we could get some more input on the situations from someone other then me you and nick because i can see you just dont agree with me that this is how this rule was ment to be used.

i guess the rule could say even if the same seat has the BB twice as long as a seat is reserved for the dead small [/b] blind, then i would be with you,  but it does not

You say that I continue to be concerned about who has last action, but that is only one factor;  my main concern is that in a dead button rotation, the SB must be positioned accordingly. This is in Robert's Rules, this is in the WSOP rules, and others.  It makes sense to me that a seat must be reserved for the small blind, and we don't put a new person there because "the worst position is never the small blind"!  With all due respect, I don't think you can simply ignore the dead button rule (TDA Rule 29), and not save a seat for the SB.  You can still have situations where the same seat will have the BB twice yet there is a seat still reserved for the SB.  

You're right, the rule does not say "if the same seat has the BB twice as long as a seat is reserved for the dead small blind".  But it also does not say "if the same seat has the BB twice even if it means there is no seat reserved for the dead small blind".  Yes, we do need more input on this situation, because right now, merely reiterating the same phrase in the rule bolded over and over again is not enough to persuade me.  So let's just agree to disagree, then.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:14:38 PM by K-Lo »