Author Topic: Shootout tournament questions  (Read 6060 times)

TomKarr

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Shootout tournament questions
« on: June 20, 2012, 09:44:07 PM »
Hello, would like to know how to make a shootout tournament in a live poker club witch has 4 tables. How to do the registration, what to do when i have 2 tables with 7 players each and another 3 players come and wanna to register to the tournament and so on...?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:57:32 PM by MikeB »

Brian Vickers

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • Poker Manager
Re: Shootout tournament
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 01:30:32 PM »
You have 4 tables, but for this tournament would you expect that you would use all 4?  The way you phrase it it sounds like you'd expect 15-20, am I reading that correctly?

Let me get that information and I will reply again with more details about structure.  If you're going to have 20 or less players you're not going to have a very good "shootout" structured tournament.  Generally only the winner of each table makes the next table, but I  think if you could get 40 then each table should play down to 2 and then reform at a final table of 8.  I suppose it would be kinda fun to have 2 tables play down to 1 on each and then those two winners play heads up, too. 

I like that even though you have a small room, you are still trying to keep things fun and interesting.

TomKarr

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »
my question was more oriented on situation when odd number of players enters the tournament, is it ok that on table1 will be 8 players and on table2 7 players? Or when i have 18 player in tournament, its level 2 and 3 other players come to the club and wanna play, should i wait for another 6 players to open the 3th table or what, coz i dont think i can move players from table1 or 2 to balance the 3 tables, or?

Brian Vickers

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • Poker Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »
For your first question, you can't help that you have an odd number of entrants, so 7 and 8 is fine.  For your 2nd question, that just depends on if you set up your structure to allow late entries, and if so how long you want to allow them.  I would say that if you allow late entries and it's still the late entry period you would seat them on one of the two existing tables.  For a shootout tournament though (where each table plays down to a winnner or maybe top 2 spots and then the winners play) I would not want to allow too many levels of late entry.  If it were me I'd say probably only 1st level for your size room.

TomKarr

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 02:40:48 PM »
thank you