Author Topic: How to handle a player who leaves the tournament?  (Read 17262 times)

K-Lo

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
Re: Player who leaves the tournament?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 02:31:37 PM »
Fair enough.  :)

JasperToo

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: How to handle a player who leaves the tournament?
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 05:49:12 PM »
I am with Brian on this one.  I think a paid for stack should stay in till blinded out.  I kind of think poker can be treated differently because is not the object of the game to acquire all the chips?  If somehow a player is skillfull (???) or lucky enough to grab a huge number of those chips at some point that makes not playing another hand for the rest of the game a possibility, then hasn't he done his job? 

I doubt you will ever see anybody with a huge stack actually use that strategy while at the table, we can agree that many big stacks simply camp out and play only premium hands or very specific situational hands.  That's not all that different from a stack being blinded into the money.

I blind these stacks off and have had a few of them get paid.  (We always know who they are in our situations but I think collecting the info before they leave the venue is good.  Though most of our tourneys require a player card so the id is automatically there.)