Author Topic: One Chip Raise question???  (Read 9863 times)

PokerChip

• TDA Member
One Chip Raise question???
« on: May 29, 2012, 02:10:04 PM »
Situation: In a tournament; 3 limpers to the Big Blind. BB has 4 $25 denomination chips in front of him for the $100 big blind. When the action gets to him, he pulls back the 4 chips and throws in a single $500 chip with no declaration.

Question: Is this a raise or a call?

chet

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: One Chip Raise question???
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 02:44:46 PM »
You are going to get a variety of responses, but in my opinion he intended to raise to $500.  HOWEVER, by being unclear I would hold him to a minimum raise of $100 for a total of $200.  Also a warning would be in order. 

Chet

W0lfster

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 09:54:02 AM »
why Chet when he did not declare raise?? I dont understand why its different from not being the blinds and putting in a single oversized chip without declaration being a call. Or is this situation an exception, please explain? I think the rules should be held to a declaration, would make life easier.

K-Lo

• @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:28:35 PM »
why Chet when he did not declare raise?? I dont understand why its different from not being the blinds and putting in a single oversized chip without declaration being a call. Or is this situation an exception, please explain? I think the rules should be held to a declaration, would make life easier.

Hi Wolf:  The discussion has continued on a different thread...  http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?topic=654.15

diz475

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:37:44 PM »
if you are going to call in a raise why just a min raise.  it sould be a raise to 500
its not a single oversized call becouse the big blind has nothing to call