Author Topic: Cards mucked face up  (Read 5305 times)

edfrzr

• TDA Member
Cards mucked face up
« on: March 11, 2012, 03:52:38 PM »
Big Blind raises preflop and thinks that all players have folded. He mucks his cards face up showing AK,  thinking that all players have folded. However there is still one player left to act.

What is the procedure? Also, what is the action going forth? can the BB bet?

thanks
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:20:26 PM by edfrzr »

K-Lo

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
Re: Cards mucked face up
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 05:37:54 PM »
Hi Ed:

When you say "mucks his hand face up showing AK", I'm assuming he's flipped over the cards throwing them towards the muck in a folding action, but the dealer then pointed out that someone was still in the hand, and the cards are still retrievable and identifiable.

If these assumptions about your fact scenario are correct, I would simply give the AK back to the player, and direct play to continue as normal.  He can proceed to bet after the flop as normal.  He is already being penalized because his opponent knows what his hand is.

K

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:05:57 PM »
I agree with K-Lo, play continues as long as the cards were face-up.

Stuart Murray

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 06:59:07 AM »
Ditto K-Lo and Nick's posts

Stu

JasperToo

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »
I agree with K-Lo and Nick as well.  But some TD's would be inclined to penalize the BB as well for exposing cards during a hand.  I am not that guy but I would probably give him the verbal warning so that he is inclined to pay more attention to the action.