POKER TOURNAMENT RULES QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS > Non-TDA Tournament and General Poker Rules Discussion

PLO Betting with a short all in

(1/4) > >>

fgmyers:
Given the following scenario, what would you rule the "Pot" bet to be:

Pot size is 100, Flop dealt and player 1 bets $50.  Player 2 raises to $150.  Player 3 goes all in for $210.  Player 4 calls pot.

How much is the Pot bet?

We use a standard formula of 3 times the last bet, plus the trail, plus the pot.  It has been suggested by our players that this formula will not work because the short all in should only count as part of the the pot and not the last bet. In that case the bet would be 3 times the $150, plus the $210, plus the $50.

I usually stick with the formula, but since the question was posed and there is not much PLO situational info on the net, I thought I'd ask you all.

Thanks

Frank M.

pdrhodes:
The pot bet is $930.  Your 1st formula still works.  If you ever have any doubt, just figure it the old fashioned way.  Player 4 calls 210 and raises 720 (210+210+150+50+100).  Cheers.

Nick C:
fygmyers,
 I think you meant to say Player 4 "bets the pot" not calls pot.I understand your intent but it leads to confusion. I think your formula works but it would always be 3 times the largest bet on that round, plus the trail and plus the pot.  I think my formula works well. I'm not an expert on pot-limit so I might be off.

K-Lo:

--- Quote from: pdrhodes on February 21, 2012, 02:26:11 PM ---The pot bet is $930.  Your 1st formula still works.  If you ever have any doubt, just figure it the old fashioned way.  Player 4 calls 210 and raises 720 (210+210+150+50+100).  Cheers.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, and nicely put.

Nick C:
Frank M,
Your formula works but I think the wording can be misleading. If the pot is 500 and Player A bets 500, and B goes all-in for 400 and C goes all-in for 250...the call to Player D would be 500, The min raise would be 500 more or 1000 total. The max raise (pot) would be 2650, right? 500 (pot)+3x500 (bet)+400+250.

K-Lo, I agree with your amount I'm just trying to find a better way to word the formula from 3x the last bet. I'd really like feedback from you and pdrhodes, and Frank.
Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version