Author Topic: Accepted Action - Rule 41  (Read 42885 times)

DCJ001

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Accepted Action - Rule 41
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 08:23:54 PM »
There is someone that just responded on this thread that is wasting the time of anyone who reads his/her comments! I will no longer respond to anything written by this member. Anyone who does not have enough class to put their name or face to any of their sarcastic, offensive, and useless remarks is not worth my time.

http://is.gd/1UZHnS

Spence

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 05:56:48 PM »
K-Lo has hit the nail on the head here. As well the language of the rule itself are all facts.
"Poker is a game of alert, continuous observation. It is the caller’s responsibility to determine the correct amount of an opponent’s bet before calling, and to ask for verification of the amount by the dealer if there is doubt as to the correct amount."
It is the intention of the rule that falls short. K-Lo's change to it makes the rule excellent and something that I would stand behind. Adding the fact that the dealer is impartial and can be counted on for the information is exactly what we should be relying on as players. The dealers count should verfiy the count we make ourselves and that should be enough to protect ayone from misinformation.
"However, if a caller requests a count and receives incorrect information from the dealer, and then places that amount in the pot, the caller will only be responsible for the lesser of (a) the actual amount of the wager and (b) the count given by the dealer, provided there has been reasonable opportunity for players to draw attention to the dealer error." 

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 09:37:57 PM »
Spence and K-Lo,
 I'd go for that change too. My feelings, however tell me that the members on the BOD will not make that change because they have no intention of putting that much faith in their dealers. If they agreed with us, rule #41 would not have been introduced.

I'd like to put it to a vote, but only if it is changed with a majority vote. A better fix would be the elimination of the rule altogether.

Spence

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »
Maybe you're right Nick.
One or the other. I vote for both

K-Lo

• @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 09:02:21 AM »
Continuing this topic...  As you know, many of us are in favor of amending the "Accepted Action" rule such that players can rely on a dealer's count of a wager. 

This was posted on the Hendon Mob today, so I guess we are not alone in our view:  http://www.thehendonmob.com/tournament_director5/how_much_does_he_lose_in_this_pot

So, I will still be pushing for my proposed amendment below:  :)
Draft - version 2:
"Poker is a game of alert, continuous observation. It is the caller’s responsibility to determine the correct amount of an opponent’s bet before calling, and to ask for verification of the amount by the dealer if there is doubt as to the correct amount.  If a caller receives incorrect information regarding a wager from a player, then places that amount in the pot, the caller is assumed to accept the full correct action and is subject to the correct wager.  However, if a caller requests a count and receives incorrect information from the dealer, and then places that amount in the pot, the caller will only be responsible for the lesser of (a) the actual amount of the wager and (b) the count given by the dealer, provided there has been reasonable opportunity for players to draw attention to the dealer error. 

Nick C

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 10:39:00 AM »
K-Lo,
 The most interesting response from the Hendon Mob came from David Lamb. For whatever reason, members on the BOD would rather voice their opinions elswhere.
We haven't heard from any of them in a long time, some haven't replied in over a year. It's nice to know that Dave is not in favor of TDA rule #41 either. Fix it, or eliminate it!
Never heard from anyone that could explain why the need for such a rule was necessary? There must be someone out there that can take credit for introducing a new rule? Or do they feel more comfortable remaining unknown ;D

K-Lo

• @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 10:56:17 AM »
K-Lo,
 The most interesting response from the Hendon Mob came from David Lamb. For whatever reason, members on the BOD would rather voice their opinions elswhere.
We haven't heard from any of them in a long time, some haven't replied in over a year. It's nice to know that Dave is not in favor of TDA rule #41 either. Fix it, or eliminate it!
Never heard from anyone that could explain why the need for such a rule was necessary? There must be someone out there that can take credit for introducing a new rule? Or do they feel more comfortable remaining unknown ;D

Admit it, Nick... Rule #41 was your idea, wasn't it.... trying to stir things up?

;D

(just kidding)

Nick C

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 06:00:09 AM »
K-Lo,

Man, it's a good thing you added that little  ;D I was about to put you on my list! Nothing like a little humor, now and then. :D

I'm trying to figure out a way, to say how I really feel about Accepted Action...IT'S STUPID!...I HATE IT!....and the TDA rules were better without it!

There, now I feel better 8)

Spence

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »
Preaching to the choir!

Nick C

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 07:41:55 PM »
Let's take a look back to our comments from about 5 months ago. Does anyone think TDA #41 is Okay the way it is?

Spence

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 10:46:50 PM »
Wherever there was rule 41, there was heated debate. We didn't like it 5 months ago and that hasn't changed.