Author Topic: Buy-in vs. House Cut vs. Dealer Tokes  (Read 10619 times)

chet

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Buy-in vs. House Cut vs. Dealer Tokes
« on: December 13, 2011, 08:49:03 AM »
I would be really interested in hearing from those members who run small buy-in ($100 and less) events with regard to the following questions:

1.  Do you have an add-on?  If no, skip to question 2.
1a.  The add-on is what percentage of the total buy-in?
1b.  Does that money go into the prize pool or is it used for Dealer Tokes or?

2.  Does the House take a portion of the total buy-in?
2a.  The House take is what percentage of the total buy-in?

For example, Total Buy-in is $100.  $10 (10%) is taken for the House and $10 (10%) is taken for Dealer Tokes.

Thanks in Advance,

Chet

Stuart Murray

Re: Buy-in vs. House Cut vs. Dealer Tokes
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 04:36:25 AM »
Hi Chet,

1. On occasion, 50%-100% of buy-in, no rake or reg fee deducted from add-ons

2. In the UK it is fairly standard to +10% Reg fee, so for example a £30 tournament would be £30+£3 (£33) which keeps the house fee and and prizepool separate.

Some tour operators do rake the prizepool, as you do in the US, but it is not popular, possibly because it is not sufficiently transparent compared to us being used to a Registration/Participation Fee

Regards
Stu

Spence

Re: Buy-in vs. House Cut vs. Dealer Tokes
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »
1. A my last property Yes.
1a. We had a $5 dealer toke add-on at the time of registration that got the player a roughly 20% boost in chips for our daily $100+10.
1b. When I worked at the British Columbia Poker Championship we took 2% of the total prize pool as gratuity for the staff. The buy-in of the main event was $2500+$200.
2. Yep!
2a. Our admin fee was pretty standard at 10% for all tournaments aroundthe $100 range. Our lower buyin tournaments are the ones that felt the crunch. We ran Early Bird Tournaments that were $50+$10.