Author Topic: Dealing the cards  (Read 5750 times)

zvjerko

• TDA Member
Dealing the cards
« on: November 23, 2011, 08:05:23 AM »

Hi all,

I have one question regarding the dealing the cards and this was mention to me from player who is playing a major tournaments in Europe and he said that dealer is dealing the cards only to those players who are at the table at the moment. To clarify, first card dealt to first present player and every other seat which is empty will not receive a cards. Dealer is dealing the cards for empty seat in front of him and muck them immediately when the last card is dealt to button which means if you are not present at the table when first card is dealt you will not receive a cards even if you are a step away from table.
Does anyone knows anything about it and yours opinions about this "rule"?

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Dealing the cards
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 08:10:39 AM »
In tournaments, you deal to all seats with chips, even when no one is there. In a cash game you only deal to the seated players.

Stuart Murray

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 09:10:04 AM »
zvjerko, it is common place to deal the cards of an absent player into the middle of the table, rather as to the stack, more common when a player is on a penalty, but certainly I train to deal hands of absent/penalised players in the middle.

Stuart

JasperToo

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 09:19:04 AM »
As Stuart says it's common to deal the cards short of the players seat, or even right in front of the dealer when the player is lobbying.  The only thing that sounded concerning is that you mention that a player wouldn't get a hand even if they are a step or two away from the table.  T
DA rules say a players hand is killed if they aren't AT their seat when the LAST card is dealt.  Seems the cards should be dealt to that "close" players seat and then grabbed by dealer immediately after the last card comes off if the player doesn't get there first.

zvjerko

• TDA Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 05:55:50 PM »
Well, I know what are you saying and I also inforce rule to kill the hand when last card to button is dealt but this so called rule has confused me. It was said that only players who are at the table at specific moment when first card is dealt will receive their hand and every other hand is dealt in the middle of the table and therefore no other player can get a hand.
So interested in this "rule" and I guess I will have to check it in personal.

JasperToo

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 06:41:53 PM »
So here is the official WSOPE Rule's.  They look pretty standard

http://www.wsop.com/2011/wsope/2011-WSOPE-Rules.pdf

Rule 80 is the "At Your Seat" rule and it seems to be a direct quote of TDA rule #26.  So it seems that if they were dealing in the middle and not letting players have a hand when the last card came off they were doing it wrong.