Author Topic: soft play  (Read 5186 times)

Jorge

• TDA Member
soft play
« on: November 09, 2011, 09:27:22 AM »
hi; I wanted to expose this situation;  soft play in tournament.
N° 51 TDA rules; Penalties and Disqualification, Penalties will be invoked in case of soft  play. We have had some.
It's a bad behavior, anyway; what is the exemplary punish?; advise the players, death hand, or disqualification?
I'll appreciate your opinions.

Jorge

chet

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: soft play
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 01:57:15 PM »
Jorge:  Not knowing any specifics about the players involved, I will respond this way:

If this is the 1st instance and you think the players did NOT do this intentionally, I would give them a warning and proceed.

If this is NOT the 1st instance and you know these players know better, I might start at a MINIMUM of a 1 round penalty and I could easily impose a 2 or more round penalty if I was convinced they know better and are really trying to put one over.

Finally if this is a repeat instance involving the same player, I submit you do not need this person in your room or event and disqualify without any refund.  I also might make it very clear that you don't need this person back anytime in the next year or more.

Chet

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 02:49:12 PM »
Jorge,

I think Chet nailed it!

JasperToo

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 03:37:44 PM »