Author Topic: Player Present  (Read 8270 times)

pokerxanadu

• TDA Member & Active Poster
    • The Principality of PokerXanadu
Player Present
« on: January 15, 2010, 04:30:21 AM »
I'd love to see some clarifications to these rules:

22. At Your Seat
A player must be at his or her seat by the time all players have been dealt complete initial hands in order to have a live hand. A player must be at his/her seat to call time.

23. Action Pending
A player must remain at the table if he has a live hand.

For #22, the term "at" is rather ambiguous.  Changing "at" to "occupying" or at least "touching" makes it more definitive.

For #23, "at the table" leaves an awfully wide berth - what if they walk a few seats away or stand and start moving a little distant?  I see the purpose of this rule as to prevent players to act before from having the additional information that this player is for sure going to fold.  A better wording might be:

A player must remain seated at the table if he has a live hand.
-Martin

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Player Present
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 11:16:01 AM »
Good point we all know what both rules mean but then they are both open to interpretation.

Regards
Stuart

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Player Present
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:41:32 PM »
  I believe the ruling is to give the dealer the instruction to kill the unoccupied seats cards immediately instead of waiting for the action to get to that seat. Example; absent player in two seat is the big blind. After dealing down cards to all players, the dealer kills the absent big blinds hand into the muck before the UTG player even acts. There used to be some tournaments that would deal absent players in and if they returned before the action got to their seat, they were allowed to continue playing the hand.
  There was a ruling that we used in cash games, when suddenly, smoking was not allowed in poker rooms. The ruling was written like this: Players that are dealt a hand, must be within "earshot" when the bet gets to their seat, or their hand is dead. I can remember players running from the smoking area yelling " deal me in, deal me in." or " here I am, here I am."

Nick C