Author Topic: Card on the tray  (Read 6941 times)

casacubana

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Card on the tray
« on: October 06, 2011, 07:11:17 AM »
Hi,
I had last night a tourney of 100 players and was called to table 6 so here the situation:
4 players in the hand, the pot was raised pre-flop and called by 3 players, dealer put the flop down and 3 players acted, dealer realized that one card from the deck was loose on the tray! The dealer had no idea when that happend:( what to do now? Never seen this situation and would love some help, thank you in advance.Btw the card was not exposed.
Regards
Laura

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: Card on the tray
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 07:57:03 AM »
casacubana,

You said the card was not exposed.  I would allow play to continue because of the substantial action. The only other options would be; call for a mis-deal...which would probably not be a popular choice. Stop any further betting and the best hand wins. You could expose the card just in case someone knows it's identity and continue play.

It might be a good idea to count the discard pile. Maybe a card that was mucked went into the tray? Whatever you decide be sure to count the deck as soon as the hand is over.

JasperToo

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 07:58:58 AM »
Leave it in the tray, don't expose it, finish the hand, count the stub and make sure the deck is not fouled, shuffle up and deal the next hand.

JasperToo

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 08:03:40 AM »
Nick, I think it is past the point where you could declare a misdeal, it's already post flop.  And the loose card is no reason to void the hand so you're right, it wouldn't be a popular choice.

I see the point about maybe exposing the card.  Could go either way on that I suppose, but more inclined to leave it down unless someone claims they saw it.  In this case it seems nobody knew the thing even existed until the dealer noticed it.

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 08:19:21 AM »
Jasper,
 We agree. I was just listing the only options.

Stuart Murray

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 11:07:16 AM »
Substantial Action has occurred, and it seems from the description as it is improbable to determine where the card should be, therefore I would treat the card as a boxed card and continue normally.

Regards
Stuart

D.C.

• TDA Member & Active Poster
  • Brazilian Series of Poker Tournament Director
    • BSOP
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 12:56:55 PM »
Leave it in the tray, don't expose it, finish the hand, count the stub and make sure the deck is not fouled, shuffle up and deal the next hand.

Only option, IMO.
Devanir "D.C." Campos
Brazilian Series of Poker Tournament Director

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 05:24:27 AM »
DITTO!!
@wsopmcgee on Twitter