Author Topic: EPT Madrid, angleshoot discuss  (Read 8028 times)

Ricky9

• TDA Member & Active Poster
EPT Madrid, angleshoot discuss
« on: July 23, 2011, 06:10:13 PM »
A few questions regarding this hand, video is poor quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDn76Rt_mGU

Story behind it .... Same guy pulled this one 3 times during the San Remo EPT, and pulled the same angle twice already in this comp (he went on to win it too).

1) Should a TD give information like this during a hand (what if he was using it as a bluff)
2) Was it right that no action was taken?
3) I feel really strongly about this, and my fellow TD's disagree, but I would have let the hand play out with a min raise, then  when he turned over the boat, (as it is quite a high profile televised comp) I would have DQ'd the chump and sent him home skint as a lesson to him and everyone else watching (is that a bit harsh knowing his previous lol).

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
Re: EPT Madrid, angleshoot discuss
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 06:33:27 PM »
Ricky9,
 I don't know if you could go that far (throw him out), but I don't think I'd let him in another tournament in my poker room. One time would be enough. It's too bad the other player didn't have pocket kings. That would have fixed the problem.

Ricky9

• TDA Member & Active Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 06:38:30 PM »
But look at the scumbags eyes, he knows exactly what he is doing. Couldn't I just rule 1 him  ;D seen this kind of player many times over 20 years and I would just like to see the public view a "this is what happens" for a change lol. Is it not justifiable?

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 06:41:04 PM »
This has caused quite a stir this hand, as I have already been involved in discussion about it.  I fully support Thomas Kremsler's actions by making the min raise and informing the other player about his previous.  Once the hand was over, I would of issued the player with a stern penalty, so stern that it meant he lost AT LEAST what he had won in the hand, but not enough to remove him from the tournament.  I once issued a penalty that crippled a player such that he just limped into the money and no more, which I felt gave sufficient warning to other players that such conduct is not acceptable.  With regard to dsq'ing the player I can see valid reasons to do so, but I much prefer the crippling blow myself.

Regards
Stuart