Author Topic: number of shuffles?  (Read 14438 times)

K-Lo

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
  • @AskTheTD on Twitter
    • Ask the Tournament Director
Re: number of shuffles?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 11:42:25 AM »
We tried them once at one table as an experiment, and yes, there were mixed reactions.  In particular, I think some people couldn't easily tell the difference between the blue and green suits of cards on the board, especially from a distance and against a green felt background...  So there was a lot of "is that a club?  what is that?  etc.".  Haven't used them since.

Spence

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »
Avoid Gemaco and Angel they are substandard. Copag is putting out a pretty consistent product right now.
As for one other note on the shuffle procedure, ensure that all your dealers are doing a one-handed cut. Normally the dealer would put the deck face down on the table with the cut card in front of the deck and cut towards the players with one hand. This is a necessity as a proficient dealer could do a false cut if using two hands.
Was this explained clear enough? Maybe someone can help me?

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 05:45:51 PM »
Spence,
 I don't know how much better I can say what you've pointed out about the one-hand cut. You are 100% correct.

Let me explain it like this. We will assume the dealer is right handed. After a brief scramble the cards will be gathered together using both hands, (cards will be facing away from the dealer), that's right...away from the dealer.  The solid deck will be face down to be followed by: riffle, riffle, 2 or 3 strips (or box) the final riffle, and a right-hand cut onto the cut card that is placed into position beyond the deck by the left hand. Whew...Using the right hand again, place the remaining portion of the deck on top of the first half, lifting the complete deck (still using the right hand only) and place the deck into your left hand while securing the deck with the dealers grip! You are now ready to begin pitching the cards. When done properly, the whole process is completed in under 12 seconds! It takes longer to explain it, than it does to execute.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:56:51 PM by Nick C »