Author Topic: showdown rule  (Read 4393 times)

casacubana

• TDA Member & Active Poster
showdown rule
« on: April 29, 2011, 10:18:16 AM »
hi everybody,

can clear me up about 2 things that i think that i know but i need to make sure from veterans like you guys:

1-the rule said: " If a player other than the pot winner asks to see a hand that has been folded, that hand is dead" can you explain more about this? little exemple happen to me yesterday, 2 players in the hand: player A bets 20.000 on the river and get called by player B,player A revealed his hand, player B muck! then player C ( folded pre-flop) ask to see hand of player B!is his allowed?

2- same situation :player A bets 20.000 get called by player B,player A mucks! player B has to show his hand? i always assume yes but some td's put some doubts :)
thank you for your help
regards
laura

Stuart Murray

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: showdown rule
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:05:14 AM »
You can gain a lot of information about this from the following thread:

http://pokertdaforum.com/index.php?topic=253.15

This is the rule which you refer to also:

RROP Section 13 - The Showdown:
5. Any player who has been dealt in may request to see any hand that was eligible to participate in the showdown, even if the opponent's hand or the winning hand has been mucked. However, this is a privilege that may be revoked if abused. If a player other than the pot winner asks to see a hand that has been folded, that hand is dead. If the winning player asks to see a losing player's hand, both hands are live, and the best hand wins.

I am not a fan of allowing players to see hands that have electively been mucked, many on here will tell you they do not have a problem with it, read the post above and you will see the variance in thoughts on the subject.

If someone at my tables asks to see a hand, in all probability they are not getting to see it, I will likely ask if they suspect collusion, the answer will be no, next hand please dealer ;-)

Regards
Stuart

casacubana

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 11:37:36 AM »
thank you stu,

the link that you gived me does not realy help me to answer about my 2 questions but i still learned lot from it :) --->thank you
regards
laura

casacubana

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 01:51:23 PM »
i found my answers in another tread.thanks to Mike B answers :)