Author Topic: Poker Rules compilation  (Read 22341 times)

WSOPMcGee

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • The R.O.P.E.
Re: Poker Rules compilation
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 10:10:46 PM »
The dealer has no more "right" to turn over a player's hand than an opposing player.
Nick if we were discussing "Cash" games I'd agree with you 100%. But we are discussing tournament. More important were discussing all-in situations. You're right that the dealer does not have a "right" to turn over the players' hand. They have an "Obligation". The rule states all hands must be turned over in an all-in situation. It is the dealer's obligation to make sure that all hands are revealed during an all-in situation. It's a cut and dry rule.
@wsopmcgee on Twitter

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 06:50:59 AM »
Thomas,
 Your last statement that :"The rule states all hands must be turned over in an all-in situation. It is the dealer's obligation to make sure that all hands are revealed during an all-in situation. It's a cut and dry rule. "
 If it's cut-and-dry, why didn't you add; "The dealer must turn the hand, if the owner refuses." Or, why didn't you say it is the dealers obligation, like you wrote in your last post? Simple enough. The fact is, it is not cut-and-dry, or we wouldn't be having this discussion. The owner of the hand has the responsibility to turn over the hand, not the dealer. Amend your rules Thomas, and then we can debate some more.

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »
Yay! The forum is back up!

Nick,

I will sir :)

Ver 7.0.0 2nd Edit coming soon.
@wsopmcgee on Twitter

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 02:30:07 AM »
Thomas,
 Are you telling me that you are going to take it upon yourself to introduce a RULE in R.O.P.E. because you think it should be used, or are you going to introduce a suggestion? I think you have a lot of really good ideas and your R.O.P.E. is well written and quite an accomplishment but, I think it would be wise to at least wait until the next TDA meeting in June before you release yet another rule to debate. Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:53:38 AM by Nick C »

Brian Vickers

• Poker Manager
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 11:42:50 PM »
I have always instructed my tournament staff that all hands must be shown at the showdown when a player is all-in, and that if a player attempts to muck then they (the dealers) must flip over the hand.  As often as I have told them that, I constantly catch them just mucking the face down hands anyway, and have even had some tell me that they don't feel comfortable flipping the hands over...
That being said, I look forward to all the discussions about this and other rules at the upcoming summit.

WSOPMcGee

• The R.O.P.E.
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 05:35:56 PM »
Thomas,
 Are you telling me that you are going to take it upon yourself to introduce a RULE in R.O.P.E. because you think it should be used, or are you going to introduce a suggestion? I think you have a lot of really good ideas and your R.O.P.E. is well written and quite an accomplishment but, I think it would be wise to at least wait until the next TDA meeting in June before you release yet another rule to debate. Just my thoughts.

Nick it's not so much the introduction of a RULE, but moreover a rewording that begins to implant the idea that dealers do have an obligation and in fact that it should become proper procedure in a tournament setting to turn over a hand in an all-in situation if the player refuses to do so.

I wont be releasing anything before the TDA Summit. Most likely early/late Fall.
@wsopmcgee on Twitter