LIVE CASH GAME POKER RULES DISCUSSION > Live Cash Game Rules Questions

Moving to a new table

<< < (5/5)

chet:
Spence:  I understand your problem, but you are now creating a new problem, one that may be even worse than the max. buy-in issue.  That problem is inconsistent interpretation or application.  In my opinion, one shift interpreting a rule in a different way than another or one manager using a different interpretation than another is worse for the player than the issue we have been discussing.

Since this is a cash game or house rule issue, the TDA, to my knowledge, does not and should not take a position.  Is this something worth loosing your job over?  If you knowingly take a position and interpret rules differently than your manager, it will not take very long for that word to get back to management. 

Having considerable experience in the interpretation of management just cause for dismissal, I don't think you would have much justification for taking/enforcing a position contrary to management direction.

Just my 2 cents worth.

chet

Brian Vickers:

--- Quote from: Spence on April 02, 2011, 03:45:26 PM ---Just to refocus this whole post was over moving someone to a new table. Although I am not being supported by my manager(She said to move all chips) I will be enforcing my own rule while I am the manager on duty. I will not allow a person with more than the maximum buy-in to join for one full orbit. After that, it's fair game.

--- End quote ---

Hopefully your manager doesn't read these boards.

Chet has it right on when he says that inconsistency in rulings is infinitely worse than enforcing a rule you don't agree with.  The players who have been the "victim" of the "incorrect" rule will be even more upset if the next day another player is allowed to do something different.  I've encountered this issue at both poker rooms I've worked in and NOTHING is more frustrating to me.  Nothing.

Spence:
INTEGRITY FIRST! Paycheque second... ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version