Poll

If you are the Dealer in a self-dealt NLHE, do you let the person on your left cut the deck or your right?

Left
Right

Author Topic: Who cuts the deck in self-dealt games?  (Read 9490 times)

Dave_The_Maori

• TDA Member & Active Poster
Who cuts the deck in self-dealt games?
« on: March 21, 2011, 03:58:38 AM »
One of my regulars said that they had played in a league overseas where they asked the player to the Left of the Dealer to cut the Deck. I was just wondering how many other leagues / rooms use the same procedure and why?

MaxH

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: Who cuts the deck in self-dealt games?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 04:09:27 AM »
We play:
Small blind shuffles
Player behind the dealer cuts.
Max

JasperToo

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:26:23 AM »
We generally play with dedicated dealer/players and the player behind the button shuffles and leaves the cut card on top and the dealer cuts just before dealing.  I am sure it doesn't matter who does it so long as it is a routine/established method that everyone knows.

Brian Vickers

• Poker Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 07:55:21 AM »
We play:
Small blind shuffles
Player behind the dealer cuts.

In my home games we always did this as well.  We used two decks, so the small blind would be shuffling the next deck and the person to the right of the dealer would cut since the person to his left was busy shuffling.

W0lfster

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 08:09:40 AM »
I am with Jasper on this one, it really doesn't matter as long as there is routine. The pub I go to, the Dealer shuffles and passes the deck to his/her right (the cut off seat) to cut the deck then ready to deal.

Stuart Murray

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 10:19:46 AM »
hi all,

ditto everyone else's responses we use for self deals the button deals, with the following rule adopted:

The Shuffle - The button shall offer the deck after shuffling to the player to their immediate right, for the final cut.

Regards
Stu