Author Topic: ante in heads up?  (Read 8900 times)

gabesz

• TDA Member & Active Poster
ante in heads up?
« on: December 26, 2010, 08:11:58 PM »
NLHE tourny with ante structure, is there ante in HU???

thx a lot

Happy New Year!!!

chet

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: ante in heads up?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 09:19:13 PM »
Since the Blind Structure in Heads Up play continues based on the event blind schedule, I cannot think of any reason to discontinue or suspend the use of Ante's if that is what the event blind schedule calls for. 

There is no rule that I am aware of that would operate to change the blind/ante schedule once an event gets to heads up.

Hope this helps!

Stuart Murray

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 03:21:48 AM »
many organisers drop the ante when heads up is reached, as both players are already facing a forced bet every hand anyway, but many also keep the ante running throughout the tournament.

I think it depends on the amount of your ante alot for example a 1/6th BB or 1/8th BB ante would have a bigger effect if it was dropped than a 1/12th ante which is pretty much irrelevant anyway.

For some reason ( I Can't recall why ) I always used to drop the ante when heads up was reached, but now Iseem to be favouring keeping it in play.

Regards
Stuart

Nick C

• http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 07:30:34 AM »
A good reason to keep the ante might be to increase the punishment to any player that violates a rule and faces a penalty round, or two. Beyond that, I don't think it matters. It would be a good idea to let players know that when action gets down to two players, the ante's will be suspended, if that's what you prefer.