Author Topic: mis d big and small blinds  (Read 5141 times)

markmagic

• TDA Member & Active Poster
mis d big and small blinds
« on: November 19, 2010, 09:53:14 AM »
hi evryone

i have a simple question... a player miss d big and small blind after a few 10min he came back
he will post small and big blind or only big blind...

ex

$25-$50 blinds, do i have to post $75 or only 50

JasperToo

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
Re: mis d big and small blinds
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 11:07:15 AM »
If it is a cash game (somehow I don't think so with those blind....but..) then he would either have to wait for the big blind to come around or he would have to post both blinds to get a hand earlier.  The small blind portion of his post would go into the pot and the big blind portion would stay in front of him.  He would have an option to raise when action came to him.

If it is a tournament then the player technically never misses a blind.  Even if a player is away from the table his stack is still dealt a hand (that is killed as soon as the last card is dealt to the button) and the blinds are paid from his stack when it would be his regular time to pay it.  (the dealer pulls the chips from his stack and posts them, kills his hand at the appropriate time and pulls the chips into the pot).  So this player would have already paid the blinds and would not have to post anything when he returns to the table.  He simply gets his hand in turn as usual.

Nick C

• TDA Member & Veteran Poster
    • http://www.pokertda.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=557;sa=forumProfile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 07:29:04 AM »
I agree with Jasper too. The small blind is refered to as "a dead small." It would not be considered part of his bet if another player raised pre-flop. Markmagic's game is a pretty high cash game.......With the amounts given, the player would have to post $75, the BB ($50) is live and the small blind ($25) is dead. If a player raises to $100, then the player that posted both blinds would still have to put another $50 into the pot, to call.

Tournaments are just the way Jasper too explained them.

markmagic

• TDA Member & Active Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 11:32:45 AM »
thank u guys for your help